Easto

Jerk Chicken on Pit Boss K24

I used 2 whole chickens cut into quarters.   

Grilled indirect at 350 degrees

used my Thermoworks Smoke thermometer until I hit 165 degrees internal temperature.  

Turned out amazing.  

Marinade:

1 Yellow Onion

8 scallions

3 Jalapeño peppers (couldn’t find scotch bonnets)

2 limes juiced

2 Tbsp minced garlic

1/4 olive oil

1/4 apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

3 Tbsp brown sugar

2 Tbsp All Spice

2 Tbsp dry thyme

1 Tbsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp ginger

1 tsp nutmeg 

1 tsp black pepper.  

All the ingredients  went went into the blender until it looked like a smoothie.  

Chicken and marinade went into the fridge for 24 hours.  

F2861C57-55D8-4125-9A42-AA156A2DB02E.jpeg

00C2C55F-7A35-475B-AF3B-A2E73CBAB0AE.jpeg

looking good! I'm curious about your marinade, how do you figure out with a recipe like that, w/ all the flavors and proportions right. I always wonder how do folks come up with these complicated marinade/dry rubs/seasonings.

2 hours ago, Daz said:

looking good! I'm curious about your marinade, how do you figure out with a recipe like that, w/ all the flavors and proportions right. I always wonder how do folks come up with these complicated marinade/dry rubs/seasonings.

It from a Jamaican Guy on YouTube.   

The marinade was easy to make.  I had most of this ingredients in my pantry.   Just had to get fresh green onions.   The other spices I’ve had forever.  

On 5/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, Easto said:

(couldn’t find scotch bonnets)

First off that Jerk Chicken looks great, but if you can't find Scotch Bonnets Habanero pepper works great just less sweet than a scotch bonnet!

Scott

Wow, that looks incredible. Definitely going to try this out...I looove jerk chicken.

One thing to try on your next cook is to add a kiss of smoke to the chicken with a mixture of Turkish Bay Leaves and allspice berries. Maybe a handful of leaves and a half cup of berries in a foil pack near the fire so they smolder a bit. Together they allegedly approximate the Pimiento wood (source of allspice berries) they cook the chicken on on the island. Really adds a little somehtin-somethin to the cx even though I cheap out and use bottled jerk marinade from Walkerswood (on Amazon). I also lay down some bay leaves on the grill and place the chicken directly on top of them - everything is better with bay leaves.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, Daz said:

internet