Sign in to follow this  
Dragon

Want a Joe?

I am in N.C. Lowes has the 18 inch classic for $749.00 + tax. If you go to the store you can ask for 10% off.It will have to be shipped to your Lowes. or they will deliver and put it together for you. My bill was $692.81. They said it will be at the store in 5 days. Model # KJ23RH. I hope this works out for me. I hope I can help someone else.Lowes Item #703153

Welcome to the forum Dragon and congratulations on the new grill!  Hopefully someone else will be able to benefit from the info you shared.  

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

I am in N.C. Lowes has the 18 inch classic for $749.00 + tax. If you go to the store you can ask for 10% off.It will have to be shipped to your Lowes. or they will deliver and put it together for you. My bill was $692.81. They said it will be at the store in 5 days. Model # KJ23RH. I hope this works out for me. I hope I can help someone else.Lowes Item #703153

I highly doubt they will deliver it and then put it together for you. These delivery teams are third party and get paid by the stop. They don’t get paid to assemble. Perhaps your local Lowe’s has some kind of agreement with the delivery team, but generally they won’t assemble anything. Now the assembler at the store may put it together, and then ship an uncrated 200 lb piece of ceramic on a truck full of appliances, patio furniture etc. that would be a bad choice imho. There is a reason kJ packs those things in a heavy duty crate. 

5 hours ago, prowe said:

I highly doubt they will deliver it and then put it together for you. These delivery teams are third party and get paid by the stop. They don’t get paid to assemble. Perhaps your local Lowe’s has some kind of agreement with the delivery team, but generally they won’t assemble anything. Now the assembler at the store may put it together, and then ship an uncrated 200 lb piece of ceramic on a truck full of appliances, patio furniture etc. that would be a bad choice imho. There is a reason kJ packs those things in a heavy duty crate. 

I would not bet against your post. I told them I did not want delivery or assembly. I would say never have anything delivered or set up unless you need a permit or a professional. I am thinking about a Hot Tub for 10 with all the bells and whistles. Sometimes I think the drivers and set up teams don't have their hearts in their work. I am hoping they do not drop mine off the cargo dock getting to my local Store. Wish me luck. Thank you for replying to my post with good wisdom.

Ben in N.C. ~~~~~~