Sign in to follow this  
packerfan66

New Kid on the block

Hello all. I was glad to find  kamado Guru.  I have had my Akorn  King Griller for awhile now. But this in my first attempt at ribs  I started smoking about a year and a half ago( chicken, pork steak, burgers and one long night with two pork butts) but due to an injury I was not able to do any smoking for awhile. back at it now. I have some St. Louis Style ribs  smoking now.(meatheads rub recipe.) My  target temp is 225.  When I put the ribs on temp hit 310. after a couple adjustments It was holding at 210/212. ( for about 30 mins) I opened the bottom vent to 1 1/2  and top to less than half temp now around 220/225   keep your fingers crossed. lol  they are smelling AWESOME.  Any and All suggestion Are Always welcomed. See ya around the Smoker. :)

Welcome aboard Packerfan66, you've certainly found the right place to get advice, share experiences and learn some new tricks!  Try checking out the Akorn section for grill specific questions.  Hope your ribs were awesome!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, packerfan66 said:

Hello all. I was glad to find  kamado Guru.  I have had my Akorn  King Griller for awhile now. But this in my first attempt at ribs  I started smoking about a year and a half ago( chicken, pork steak, burgers and one long night with two pork butts) but due to an injury I was not able to do any smoking for awhile. back at it now. I have some St. Louis Style ribs  smoking now.(meatheads rub recipe.) My  target temp is 225.  When I put the ribs on temp hit 310. after a couple adjustments It was holding at 210/212. ( for about 30 mins) I opened the bottom vent to 1 1/2  and top to less than half temp now around 220/225   keep your fingers crossed. lol  they are smelling AWESOME.  Any and All suggestion Are Always welcomed. See ya around the Smoker. :)

Dude, don’t sweat an exact temp of 225. Especially don’t sweat it in a kamado, and double especially in an insulated steel kamado. Yeah....310 is prob not right, but you gotta relax. If you are looking for 225 and get 275, meh, same difference.  Food will be awesome.    Them ribs will be righteous. Sorry about your NFL team.