BPYLE88

Smokeware Chimney Cap

HAs anybody tried Smokeware products for the chimey cap? Neighbor has one on his Green Egg and loves it but I dont know if they make one for the Pit Boss/ Louisiana Grills.

They don't make one specifically for the Kamado Joe Jr, so they supply the Lg BGE cap w/rubber gasket that's wedged in between cap and dome vent. Makes a perfect seal and as ckreef says it rocks.

Scott

9 minutes ago, Chasdev said:

Do they say what the inside diameter is?

I just measured mine. Inside diameter 5 3/4". I came up with an interesting solution for the Primo Oval Jr, check out the link. Might work for other situations. 

@BPYLE88 I emailed them a few months ago, and they said they have no intention on making one for the Pit Boss/LA Grills K24. We need to hammer them with more emails asking for one. I dislike the coarseness of the K24 top vent.

I emailed them also. They told me that they only have 2 models and they are 5.5 inch and 5.875 inch. Say they dont know anything about the LA Grill model. I dont know what the measurement is on the top vent but just looking at it I can imagine that our top vent is larger than that.

Its definitely much larger than 5.875". Before I put a second layer of felt on my top vent I looked at making a sleeve that would press fit into the inside of the top vent to make a more snug fit with the top of the lid without using more felt. So I measured the inside diameter of my vent cap and it was around 8"s. So youd need to make an adapter that stepped down to use the aftermarket vent. 

If you are asking about the rig in the picture then yes it does.

I really like the TipTopTemp  and the PartyQ blower works great too.

I started first with the TTP and later added the blower, cured all my tinkering with settings.

Fire starts with blower running and I place the meat when cooker reaches 25 degrees below the set temp.

With this set up it reaches cook temp much faster than without.

Melted fan came when my charcoal chimney got too close to the fan housing on a steak sear fire.