Myrtille

Vision Grill Firebox Replacement

My Vision Grill Firebox is now due to replacement after many years of usage, it’s basically cracked at to several places for any repair.  Do any of you used the Kamado Joe multipiece firebox?  Will it fit my Vision?

Thanks

Welcome, Myrtille, glad to have you and your Vision with us. I don't have a true answer for your question, but I do know that the Visions and KJ's differ in the shape and tapper of their kettles and domes. The KJ has a shorter more stocky profile, while the Vision is a bit taller and more narrow. The Vision is actually much more like a BGE in terms of kettle and dome shape. I cook on a large BGE and use a Vision AR Spider Rack made to fit my old Vision Pro C by Ceramic Grill Store,  the Vision gear fits my BGE perfectly. As I remember from cooking on a Vision the fire box is one piece without a fire ring and comes up almost even with the felt, I am thinking but don't know for sure, that the KJ fire box is significantly shorter and possibly wider. If I had your issue I would just call Vision, send them photos of my cracked fire box, and request a new Vision fire box.

Thanks keeperovtheflame.  I will try to first contact Vision.  The only thing is I have it since a while with no receipt anymore.  Let’s see if customer service will understand.  Will keep posted.

Hopefully you registered your grill when you got it and Vision has digital records of that. Another way to get evidence of purchase is to contact your credit card company for a copy of the transaction given you used a credit card.