Sign in to follow this  
Ms Ulrike

Ms

i purchase a 100$ smoker approx 2 years ago and am now ready for an upgrade. 

I lke what i read about the Kamado, however my husband reminded me that pellets are much easier than charcoal. 

Problem is that i cannot ascertain that that there is a Kamado wich works with pellets. 

Can anyone help?

Welcome Ms Ulrike.  :welcome:

Black Olive makes a pellet fired kamado.  Pricey, but if that's really what you want, check out their web store.

Yes, Black Olive.  Also Icon.  Neither seem to be highly regarded by either pellet grill or kamado owners.

It seems to me that a ceramic kamado wouldn’t burn many pellets because they’re so efficient.  That may result in little to no smoke flavor.  There probably isn't a way to add chunks of smoke wood.

As you can deduce, I've not used on nor eaten food from one.  So, even though I'm a pellet pit and kamado user, I'm guessing.

If your $100 smoker still works, I’d get a Kamado and keep using the $100 smoker. You definitely won’t regret a kamado. So much more versatile and much easier to care for as far as maintenance goes. I have limited experience using a pellet eater, but know I don’t want one after using one. That’s just me though. If you want something that specifically is designed to smoke food a pellet eater might be the best for your food needs.