40 g / 3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups / 500 ml beef broth low sodium
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
150 ml / 2/3 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Steps
 Step 1
Use  rolling pin  to flatten the steaks. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice into strips.

Step 2
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Spread the strips in the pan with tongs . Sear for 30 seconds on each side.  Quickly remove back onto the plate. Sear the beef in batches if needed.

Step 3
Turn heat down to medium high. Add butter, melt. Then add onions, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until golden. Scrape bottom of fry pan to get all the golden bits off. Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

Step 4
Add half the broth while stirring Add the rest of the broth. Stir, then add sour cream and mustard. Stir until combined.

Step 5
Simmer for 3-5 minutes, add more salt and pepper to taste.

Step 6
Add beef back in. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from stove immediately.

Step 7
Serve over egg noodles.

Original recipe with pics and nutrition info you can find here: beefstroganoff Enjoy delicious and tasty beef!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By desertshore
      Hi everybody,
      I am a kamado quasi-neophyte (I've got a Monolith junior since last August), and after some experience with shorter cooks (chicken; ribs) I wanted to enroll into Brisket Academy. Unfortunately, it seems that I have failed the entry exam, as I couldn't explain to my butcher what I needed.
      In the end, I was talked into buying something that definitvely does not look like brisket to me, and I don't know how to cook. It seems something I would braise or boil, but according to the butcher I can cut it into strips and make 'asado'. It is boneless (but has some hard cartilage).

Apart for the idea of slicing strips and grilling them (that's not what I wanted), what could I do with this chunk of meat? How would you call it in English?

Thank you a lot!

• By Smokingdadbbq
      A little behind the scenes to my Instagram post. Sunday I smoked two small chuck roasts for about 4 hours at 250 

Then I put them in foil in beef broth and aromatics and let them braise for another four hours. 

After two hours FTC these were ready to serve. I fried up the onions and served on fresh buns with American cheddar, horseradish mayo and Au jus 

will deffinetly be doing this again 

• By elbatiger
      Ok folks I'm up against the wall. Tomorrow is our family reunion I had planned to cook - smoke two tri-tips, my butcher let me down... so I guess it will be pork again this year and be up half the night. Anyone have suggestions for beef that is comparable to tri-tip in tast, tenderness and time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronny

• By Marbque
      Spent some time yesterday with just the wife and I making some beef ribs on out stickburner, first time in forever that we have not had to cook for an event, so it was nice to just be able to have some hot dogs for appetizer while waiting on these beef ribs. Hope everyone’s Sunday is enjoyable and relaxing enjoy

572E25BB-1878-40D9-8700-82BD2C854DE1.MOV

• By CentralTexBBQ
      So, what is it about men that makes them reluctant to RSVP? Cooking for my brothers and nephews this Saturday to make up for all the birthdays I missed, so I picked supplies today. 10 pounds of beef plate ribs and 10  pounds of Spares that I am cutting into St. Louis'.