ckreef

Cookie Crumble Cobbler

Cookie Crumble Cobbler with Peaches and Blueberries 

I got the basic recipe out of a Char-Broil grilling cookbook Mrs skreef picked up from Lowes some time ago. I then raided the freezer for the last of my frozen peaches and blueberries. I used small tapa style dishes to make individuals cobblers. 

CCCa.thumb.jpg.282f08bf2cfce436f77a5cb8452c5475.jpg

I mixed up the filling ingredients then divided it between the dishes. 

CCCb.thumb.jpg.5f8d49c39818828a54e5e9aadc0f2d27.jpg

CCCc.thumb.jpg.57c9dc9cf9970e55760e30da8e7ea295.jpg

I put them on the main grate of my Komodo Kamado cruising along at 400*. While they were cooking I mixed up the ingredients for the sugar cookie crumble. 

CCCd.thumb.jpg.3e483853d3c263a2675bff0915e5787d.jpg

After about 45 minutes the dishes were bubbling away had reduced by about 1/2.

CCCe.thumb.jpg.a15e8703ae9590562be7401902719cda.jpg

I then added sugar cookie crumbles and put them back in the KK, this time on the upper rack to get them higher in the dome. I also opened the bottom vent a bit. 

CCCf.thumb.jpg.d18818c2cf0f6b1910cc68c7235c62df.jpg

After about 20 minutes the top had browned nicely. Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving as they were hot, hot, hot! 

CCCg.thumb.jpg.505b3e8df55c6b6081492fb57279b7d2.jpg

A tasty, full on, sugar rush B)

Only people with a sweet tooth need apply. 

Somehow, despite the fact that all desserts are disgusting, unappetizing and repulsive (this is keto talking, I need my keto to keep talking), it looks like you did a very good job of making this look... ummm... er... a... somewhat appealing... :-D:-D:-D

11 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Great looking dish and love the individual portions. 

I really love my little tapas dishes. Set of four, 4" diameter. Easy to clean and not fragile like you would think. They can take fairly direct heat and still not burn the bottom. I also have two, 8" diameter. Going to get me four, 6" diameter one of these days. 

7 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Somehow, despite the fact that all desserts are disgusting, unappetizing and repulsive (this is keto talking, I need my keto to keep talking), it looks like you did a very good job of making this look... ummm... er... a... somewhat appealing... :-D:-D:-D

Deserts are a staple part of one's diet B) I would shrival up and die without deserts. 

Looks amazing. I am not a dessert person, but your individual pans and cooks remind me that I need to revisit the four pack of tiny cast iron pans we were gifted. So many kamado possibilities!