Kamado Draggin'

Pork Butt Cooked LNS in the Big Blue Egg

Did a pork butt on my new Louisana-Grills K24, and shredded it with my new Bear Paws I ordered yesterday on Amazon at another users suggestion. Kept the temp around 230F - 260F. Opened a few times to baste. I also injected it last night, and gave it a rub before putting it back in the fridge. It was over 10 hours to get to int temp of 195. Low and Slow with Royal Oak lump and a large chunk of Mesquite for smoke. Darnedest thing, it stalled at 190, dropped to 188. I then wrapped it, and brought the temp up to 275. I did find an air gap on the left side of my main seal. I used a C clamp to keep er shut all the way, not sure if it has much to do with anything, as my other cooks have gone well I will try to adjust the band and hinge tomorrow, once she cools down. The pork came out magnificent! (Shredding was both a breeze, and fun with these bad boys! I was sad when it was so quickly done, and wished for more!) Also, learning my temp controlling on a Kamado. 

Injected with:

• 1 cup Apple Juice
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Salt
  • 1 TBS Soy Sauce
  • 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce

IMG_20190531_212702.jpg

IMG_20190531_201016.jpg

IMG_20190531_202137.jpg