I've been researching and learning about as many Kamados on the market as I possibly can. Personally, I like information dense summaries so I've compiled my findings into a spreadsheet for easier comparison. I thought my compilation might be helpful to others:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXXbCRo5Prs_lgy-9NqIHIi6vdWxlkAK_ASYze8DC-4/edit?usp=sharing

This is still a work in progress, especially the "Type" tab. I'm debating with myself how to rate each type of grill relative to the others. If you think anything is overtly wrong or if you have feedback please let me know and I will continue to update. 

Also, a lot of the cells have notes in them. Hover over cells with the tag/triangle in the top right corner to see more details.

230128590_ScreenShot2019-06-03at9_59_11AM.thumb.png.9d1418653ddaff3349a7735f473fcff8.png

1047135353_ScreenShot2019-06-03at9_59_26AM.thumb.png.c29c257b46a51e9efd55a125ce95059a.png

That's a great start. 

Don't forget the Primo Oval Jr. 

Also you might want to check out the new Komodo Kamado website. A few changes to the lineup. 

Thanks for the feedback. I think the Primo Oval Jr. is too small, but how would you know if you couldn't compare it? I've added a row for the Jr. Interestingly, the advertised cooking area for the Jr. is accurate. Using the same method of calculation (circle+rectangle) for the XL, the XL comes up 10 sq in short. 

I originally had one row for the Komodo Kamado because the site was too difficult to decipher and I wasn't ready for the sticker shock. The new design is excellent and it really made gathering their specifications easy. Cost per square inch of cooking area is not really an import specification, but it is interesting to compare and even more interesting is how competitive Komodo Kamado is when looking from that overly myopic perspective. 

16 minutes ago, Killer Kamado said:

Thanks for the feedback. I think the Primo Oval Jr. is too small, but how would you know if you couldn't compare it? I've added a row for the Jr.

IMO you should also have data for the KJ Jr, Akorn Jr, BGE minimax, Komodo Kamado 16" etc..... These are very popular kamados. Maybe put all the Jr sized Kamados lumped together. As for the Oval Jr, being oval makes more usable space compared to round when your talking about larger cuts of meat so it's really not as small as it seems. 

20 hours ago, ckreef said:

IMO you should also have data for the KJ Jr, Akorn Jr, BGE minimax, Komodo Kamado 16" etc

Added these. Except I don't know the prices for the BGE MiniMax, do you?

17 hours ago, Chasdev said:

Did miss Pitboss?

I did, it has been added (though I believe these are the same as Louisiana Grills as I think Pit Boss is owned by Louisiana Grills). 

14 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Added, thanks!

11 hours ago, Smokingdadbbq said:

Nice work 

Thanks!

Thanks for being agreeable to adding the smaller cookers.

Bigger isn't necessarily better with ceramic's and a bigger cooker has some disadvantages. Temp overshoots and recovery are not the funnest things to deal with on a big Kamado. Weight and footprint can also be awkward.

As mentioned the Oval Primo Junior can accommodate a great deal for its size. For a backyard party up to 30lbs. of pork shoulder (probably more) or an 18lb packer brisket are easily doable.

The owner of the Chicago area's best BBQ/grill store, who has access to cookers of all shapes and sizes, does all of his family cooks on a BGE MiniMax. 

Ramping up for a direct hot sear cook takes far less time and the savings from using less fuel are also notable. For a family of 4 or empty nesters a smaller cooker has some great benefits.

1 hour ago, arclite said:

Thanks for being agreeable to adding the smaller cookers.

Bigger isn't necessarily better with ceramic's and a bigger cooker has some disadvantages. Temp overshoots and recovery are not the funnest things to deal with on a big Kamado. Weight and footprint can also be awkward.

As mentioned the Oval Primo Junior can accommodate a great deal for its size. For a backyard party up to 30lbs. of pork shoulder (probably more) or an 18lb packer brisket are easily doable.

The owner of the Chicago area's best BBQ/grill store, who has access to cookers of all shapes and sizes, does all of his family cooks on a BGE MiniMax. 

Ramping up for a direct hot sear cook takes far less time and the savings from using less fuel are also notable. For a family of 4 or empty nesters a smaller cooker has some great benefits.

I totally agree with everything you said B)

For what it's worth – I've been very, very satisfied with my Akorn Jr, for which I paid about $150.00 at Wal-Mart(!) and which is made of stainless steel, not ceramic.  I frequently take it with me on camping trips, where it fits easily in the back of my car and sits on a camp picnic table.

I find that it produces "the kamado style of cooking" very effectively, without the weight nor the cost of ceramic grills. Of course your mileage may vary, but I am a happy – uhh – "camper."

I have an Akorn Jr and have taken one on many road trips. In my opinion it is the most portable Jr sized kamado and can perform all tasks needed. Can easily be carried by one person so truly portable and great bang for the buck so to speak. 

I now have a Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle. Definitely the biggest kamado in the Jr class. With an 18" oval grate there is definitely more real estate to work with and more easily accommodates larger pieces of meat. At it's weight (around 100 lbs) and size it's not really portable by one person. I consider it transportable because it really takes 2 people to move it any significant distance. 

And of course there is a huge price difference between the Akorn Jr and the Primo Oval Jr.