Charcoal Addict

Something I thought I would never see in my lifetime

These images aren’t Photoshopped.  There’s no trick photography or special effects involved.  I couldn’t believe it myself.  A Canadian Costco actually had a Canada Prime Grade Brisket in the meat section.

It took me several minutes to get over the shock of seeing a high quality brisket at a Costco in Canada.  It was the equivalent of finding a Leprechaun sipping a margarita in your backyard.  You just can’t believe that just happened.

I have the photographic evidence below.  It’s an actual Costco Brisket.

5FCC1F99-86D5-4409-8DC1-6177382C4616.jpeg

3CFA9117-FB14-4BEA-8BD1-4FCAE813B3ED.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

After the currency conversion, that isnt too far off from what I pay for it here.  That works out to $3.90 per lb... i get prime locally for 3.49

There’s some farm direct resellers selling Alberta raised Waygu Grade Briskets in Calgary for $3.15 CAD per an lbs.  You usually have to spend $150 to get that price. 

I always thought most Americans were spending $40 - $45 USD for a brisket of a similar weight and grade. 

Brisket prices must have gone up in the US recently.

We recently started getting Prime briskets in my area of the states at Costco and they seem in steady supply now. I am very happy about it. 

That first picture looked like a lizard to me and I thought of this gonna be good

then scrolled down and saw the brisket 

not as exciting but enjoy 

7 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

There’s some farm direct resellers selling Alberta raised Waygu Grade Briskets in Calgary for $3.15 CAD per an lbs.  You usually have to spend $150 to get that price. 

I always thought most Americans were spending $40 - $45 USD for a brisket of a similar weight and grade. 

$3.99 for whole packer, $7.99 for just the flat (nicely trimmed btw) For Prime here at

SO CAL Costco’s,  average about $55 for a 14 lb packer.

1 hour ago, UTVol said:

We're at 2.99-3.29 per lb at costco.  Maybe because we're in TX?

Alberta is the Texas of the North.  We’re Canada’s Beef & Oil Country.  That’s Alberta Prime beef.  

Sadly being close to the supply does little to impact the price up North.

13 hours ago, John Setzler said:

After the currency conversion, that isnt too far off from what I pay for it here.  That works out to $3.90 per lb... i get prime locally for 3.49

Yep, I saw about 30 prime grade whole briskets yesterday at Sam's club for $3.49 a pound as a matter of fact.

I just bought five choice-grade brisket flats at BJ's for $5.79/lb., if anyone wants the price check. 

Frank 

14 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

Totally depends on where And when you are buying your brisket. The beef producing states typically have much cheaper pricing generally. But, Costco prices are pretty darn consistent regardless of locale. Things like the recent massive beef recall around Memorial Day affect the pricing also.