Newbie from CLT North Carolina

86LXJunker

Hi All - After years of prodding from my buddies and my wife, I am finally going to pull the trigger on a Kamado style grill. My buddy has the BGE and loves it, but based on my research,  hands on and through the internet, I have decided that I would like to purchase the Kamado Joe Classic. 

My initial thought is that I since I have waiting for so long to by my new Kamado, that I would just wait until my local Costco has their annual roadshow, but now that I have seen there are other internet companies that have very competitive prices including shipping as compared to Costco. 

Also - I see that Costco has the Classic II and not the new Classic III - are the update to the 3 worth the extra $$ ?

Since my wife has a beef allergy, my cooking focus will be on Ribs, Wings and Pizza. 

Thanks and cant wait to begin my foray into this new hobby. 

Welcome to the forum and, hey,  post the prices you are looking at.  I'm very happy with my Joe Classic and really can't imagine I'd be any happier with a lid I could leave in any position and needed to latch closed.  I got a good price on mine on a Amazon Prime Day deal and have only recently seen the same price offered by others (2 years later).  Whatever you do I predict you'll be happy with a Joe.