Daz

Introducing BBQube Kamado-Go Auto-Temp Portable Charcoal Grill

Just spent two days with the manufacture testing out the new Kamado-Go grill and it worked like a champ. Maintaining 250 degrees within 2-3 degrees of deviation for more than 7 hours before we had to wrap up the test. Insulated top lid with latch, stainless 304, folding side tables and legs, total weight 30lb (side table also dubs as handles for easy carry), and best of all, comes with our new gen of controller - TempMaster Portable. Cooking area is 305 sq inch which is comparable to the Akorn's 315 and ours is square! Other feaurtes include ash tray drawer, heat-defector and charcoal divider. There will be more unique accessories developed for it so stay tuned! 

Kamado-Go-09.jpg

Kamado-Go-02.jpg

Kamado-Go-05.jpg

Kamado-Go-07.jpg

Kamado-Go-08.jpg

Good looking portable grill, like the options that you include with the grill! :good:  I say options your's are included but most small grills are limited to what you can buy.

Scott

Edited by Scott Roberts

12 hours ago, Rick in Ontario said:

Doesn't look like a kamado to me.

That is a grill, isn't it?

ha, it is a grill and it doesn't look like an egg. and I call it "Kamado-Go", that is kamado grill w/ legs! Kamado for it's insulated lid and the ability to maintain low and slow, "Go" for its portability.

kamado means cooking stove in Japanese, if you go to a Japanese museum, that thing looks like a stew pot sitting on a regular concrete wood stove. and what we call Kamado nowadays is actually called "mushikamado", and was used to steam rice.

Edited by Daz

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Let's just say the name is a little deceptive in today's world. Don't get me wrong, I like it, just the name doesn't really fit - IMO anyway. 

let's hope for the future :roll:

man you know in today's world you'd have to include every keywords in the title so the amazon customers can pull up your name in search results...and if they look for a low and slow cooker then i hope they find mine. but they ain't gonna type low and slow cooker...

Is the included controller also usable on the Akorn and/or other grills? What are the folded dimensions?

I'm interested in something portable, and have also been looking at a temp controller for my Akorn and Akorn Jr. Currently use the Jr on vacations, but this might be a good option too. One feature I'm looking for is 'clean' travel. The Jr buttons up pretty tight with no grease or ash messing up the van.

15 minutes ago, O C said:

Is the included controller also usable on the Akorn and/or other grills? 

A related question would be - does that side port accept a pit viper fan and will there be a no controller option? (for people like me that already own a controller). I do realize there is no adjustable bottom vent so it does need some type of controller. 

Using this as an all around vacation grill it would need to be able to run at full searing temps in the 500*-600* range. With that in mind can the temperature probes and their cables stand that high of a temperature? 

Just exploring all options. 

14 hours ago, O C said:

Is the included controller also usable on the Akorn and/or other grills? What are the folded dimensions?

I'm interested in something portable, and have also been looking at a temp controller for my Akorn and Akorn Jr. Currently use the Jr on vacations, but this might be a good option too. One feature I'm looking for is 'clean' travel. The Jr buttons up pretty tight with no grease or ash messing up the van.

yes it'll work with any type of enclosed grills even all weber grills. it got the same fan and control like our pro line. 

The bottom ashtray drawer is lockable so no grease will leak. I camp a lot and loved my weber go-anywhere but wished it were bigger. now i got a bigger one :) i'll post more pics once i take it camping. the controller will come with a hardshell case that can hold a 12v battery and can go off-grid for 30+ hrs. 

14 hours ago, ckreef said:

A related question would be - does that side port accept a pit viper fan and will there be a no controller option? (for people like me that already own a controller). I do realize there is no adjustable bottom vent so it does need some type of controller. 

Using this as an all around vacation grill it would need to be able to run at full searing temps in the 500*-600* range. With that in mind can the temperature probes and their cables stand that high of a temperature? 

Just exploring all options. 

the side port is a standard 1" tubing so it should work with any fan w/ that size. but the PID controllers are not very good at control small grills.

there are adjustable bottom vent on both sides, kinda hard to see under the side tables. the probes can stand much higher temperatures, and they're responsive like steak probes. If i tell you i first spent a year making these probes and 7 prototypes of the wire wrap you'd think i'm nuts haha. but that's how i started, i wasn't happy w/ the iGrill probes and soldered one steak probe needle with the iGrill plug...now it's all history!

and to OC, here are the dimensions. 

side table unfolded 37"L x 14.4" W x 16" H

grill body 22" 

grate size 21" x 13", cooking area is 273 sq inch, a little smaller than i previously posted.