• Similar Content

• By Big Biscuit
      My better half has been craving porchetta for a while now, so Saturday morning I took a ride to the butchers and picked up a pork belly for Mother's day. Got home Saturday prepped it, tied it up, and in the fridge it went. Come Sunday morning I took it out of the fridge at 9:00 am place it on the counter, and organized my equipment. I went out just before 11:00 am and lit the B&B charcoal I had placed in there earlier. Let the fire starters burn out shut the dome and let it come up to 350°. Once I got the temp dialed in and the KJ all warmed up on went the meat and in just under 4 hours pulled out this magnificent looking piece of meat. All I could say was that my wife was very pleased with her porchetta. 

• By Logan
      Someone had suggested making a porchetta on the Joetisserie. For those (like me) who aren't familiar with it, it is basically a pork belly with the skin on, rolled, cooked, and sliced for sandwiches and such. The goal is a buttery juicy interior and a crispy flakey exterior. And I think it was an outstanding success, if I do say so myself

Whole pork belly, had to ask the butcher at the asian market for it. Sprinkled it with salt, sliced garlic, dried rosemary, and ground fennel seeds. Roasted on Joetisserie for about 3 hours, but fought to keep temperatures below 400, due to the grease keeping the fire going! Sorry I don't have any pictures of it sliced, but we sure enjoyed it.