Charcoal Addict

Kitchen finally done

The kitchen is finally done.  Well, I still have a couple of touch-up to do.  I haven’t been posting much since I’ve been restricted to making pretty simple and boring dishes either working outside or from a meg-shift set-up on my bar downstairs. 

The kitchen from hell is officially dead and buried.  It’s been replaced by a modern kitchen with solid maple cabinets, glass tile and a white quartz countertop.  I no longer have to be embarrassed to take pictures in my kitchen.  The 70’s clique has been sent to the dump providing a home for homeless squirrels.  

I have another week of house cleaning.  I’m looking forward to getting back to normal and making more culinary delights.   I have two Detroit blue Steel pizza pans waiting to make some genuine Buddy’s pizza.   

C87A8304-F786-4764-9FCF-9529478F757B.jpeg

60FBCD27-D629-4E6E-AAC2-CDFC727FA69A.jpeg

ACA5A464-B68D-4315-B69D-DB4E901E5754.jpeg

FAE22682-05CC-4781-AA2D-CED4210DD8FA.jpeg

Lowe’s made a lot of mistakes.  If I had a do over, I would’ve gone with a Kitchen store to buy the same cabinets.  They screwed-up the order on the end cabinet that was supposed to have full roll out design.  

The Countertop was mis-cut for the sink and had to be re-done.   They cut the sink cutout  perfectly centred when it slightly off Center to accommodate the super Susan in the corner. 

You you can see the photo below showing the mistake where they missed the farmhouse sink by a 5/8 an inch.   They had to re-claim the countertop, take it to the shop, re-cut it before they brought it back 5 days later.

The staff working in Kitchen’s in Lowe’s need better training.  They need better software so you can see exactly what cabinets you’re getting.  

With all the the mistakes, the Kitchen was finished 2 weeks behind schedule which made for a whole lot of unhappy campers.   

We also added a pantry around the fridge to store most of the food and spices in the Kitchen.  I was using a hallway closet before this.

A4473661-6BCD-4A8F-9259-850CDE8A894E.jpeg

6A612C62-7910-4002-BD8E-AD913B30EEF8.jpeg

14 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

Here’s what the Kitchen looked like before the Reno.  The kitchen from Hell.  You could’ve shot a couple of episodes of Shameless in there.

You’re exaggerating. The “before” kitchen isn’t that bad...

alright, who are we kidding, it WAS horrible. I bet the Gallaghers would take a pass :-D

the “after” kitchen looks great. Very nice job! 

1 hour ago, Scott Roberts said:

I don't know that looks just like their kitchen except the fidge would be were that cabinet near the microwave is-LOL

Scott

The house was built in 1978.  The fridge was on the wall where the brown hutch was acting as extra cabinet space that didn’t exist in the kitchen.  

It was at a stage when it was falling apart. The old kitchen had to go.  

On 6/20/2019 at 4:55 AM, Chris Topher said:

You’re exaggerating. The “before” kitchen isn’t that bad...

alright, who are we kidding, it WAS horrible. I bet the Gallaghers would take a pass :-D

the “after” kitchen looks great. Very nice job! 

I’m glad the old one has been sent to the dump.  

The old kitchen cabinets have a new purpose.  They’re being used as home for squirrels.  They’ve been transformed into squirrel condos.