O1PewterWS6

DoJoe Banged Up

I am not one to complain but just received my Big Joe DoJoe and as soon as I open the box I see a pretty big gauge taken out the aluminum and also some scratches. I know the DoJoe will still perform fine but what about the metal being exposed long term?

Would you just live with it or something to be concerned about? 

20190620_175036.jpg

20190620_175043.jpg

20190620_175046.jpg

It always stinks when something comes banged up. My advice is cook on. 

My first DoJoe cook I SLAMMED my pizza peel rivet on the edge of the bottom lip, ding one. 

The DoJoe is made of aluminum. When there is a chip off of the coating, a little layer of aluminum oxide will form and essentially protect the underlying aluminum in this application. Nothing like steel. 

11 hours ago, gotzero said:

The DoJoe is made of aluminum. When there is a chip off of the coating, a little layer of aluminum oxide will form and essentially protect the underlying aluminum in this application. Nothing like steel. 

^^^ this. The ding & scratches, while disappointing/annoying for a $200+ purchase, should not affect performance or long-term durability. Dull aluminum oxide may not be particularly attractive, but it is protective, so... Kamado onward!!

My DoJoe (from Amazon) was damaged before it even reached me. Got notice from UPS and Amazon subsequently refunded my purchase. I had to reorder and was looking at a four week delivery according to Amazon. A week later I got notice that my second order was cancelled.I tried to reorder again and Amazon says the DoJoe for the Classic is no longer available. I'm having trouble finding another on-line retailer to buy another one. They are not even available directly from kamado Joe.  I live in rural UT and there are no local dealers, anyone have any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, UTAHCRAFT said:

My DoJoe (from Amazon) was damaged before it even reached me. Got notice from UPS and Amazon subsequently refunded my purchase. I had to reorder and was looking at a four week delivery according to Amazon. A week later I got notice that my second order was cancelled.I tried to reorder again and Amazon says the DoJoe for the Classic is no longer available. I'm having trouble finding another on-line retailer to buy another one. They are not even available directly from kamado Joe.  I live in rural UT and there are no local dealers, anyone have any suggestions?

Try Atlanta Grill Company