Does anyone have Kamado Joe Jr pizza Pictures?

Even though my Jr does about 99% of my cooking, and it's only the two of us now, the Jr isn't large enough to do pizza's even for 2.  I use the BJ for that.  I can get it further up In the dome and it's a piece of cake to watch the cheese brown from the top vent.  And it smells just like burnt nose hairs.:rofl:

7 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

Does anyone here have pictures of pizza cooks using their Kamado Joe Jr? Oh yeah seems that the Kamado Joe Forum is no more!

Scott

Search under user Smoke and Awe. I'm sure she has pictures of just about everything cooked on an Akorn Jr (same size as KJ Jr). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 4:06 AM, Scott Roberts said:

Does anyone here have pictures of pizza cooks using their Kamado Joe Jr? Oh yeah seems that the Kamado Joe Forum is no more!

Scott

Hi Scott,  I've had many successful pizza cooks with the JR.  I have a few images on my Instagram if it helps. www.instagram.com/bevangrills/

I'll be trying to create an authentic Neapolitan in the next couple of days at a high heat. To break in my new 10" stone, I just did a couple last night as a test run with John's same day (hour) dough recipe. I'm running the stone atop 1" ceramic spacers on top of the KJ deflector. This cook followed John's suggestions at 14 min. total cook time around 400 degrees F. 

wBJIe08.jpg

Here's what it turned out:

kOXuoEj.jpgjO2UYTX.jpg

IMHO, I'm not crazy about this recipe, but it's fine if you're in a pinch. I'll do a new post when I churn out the Neapolitans in a couple of days. 

Here’s a few on the jr. Yes it’s not big enough to do larger pizzas but I’m easily able to crack three/four smaller ones out quickly. Takes a bit of skill taking one out and putting a new one in, making sure not to leave the dome open too long, but providing you keep it up around 550-600° it should be fine for a good run. Getting decent height into the dome is key, I use three long plumbing connectors (copper maybe?) giving a good inch and a half clearance above my deflector, which itself sits on top of the grill grate. Just need to get a bit more practice with a good dough recipe! Good luck

427CF784-57FF-435F-8006-F86543FB0788.jpeg

14C03EDA-4D82-467D-8ED8-D45169E04525.jpeg

D7D0D0B5-0DE4-4FAF-A477-BEBA84963D69.jpeg

2EDFB8A0-5DA0-4D6C-A052-F27C3D994434.jpeg

86327EA6-65A5-41E1-A0C7-74E2865C8613.jpeg