ckreef

New Truck plus Special Teaser Picture

Mrs skreef is a pickup truck, country gal. When I came home almost 2 years ago with a brand new Nissan Rogue she wasn't really thrilled. For almost 2 years I listened to her whining about the car. Last weekend we took the Rogue for an oil change. Instead of an oil change we came home with a brand new Nissan Titan V8 4x4. It's a full size 4 door pickup truck with a short bed. Really big on the inside and a very comfortable ride. Mrs skreef is very pleased with this purchase. 

Titan.thumb.jpg.90714a0d98d63f86b11fbe44edf39605.jpg

The world has a saying, "Happy wife, happy life." I have my own version of that saying, "Happy wife, time for another grill!!!" B)

So with that thought in mind we took the new truck to Lowes and got a few more pavers. Let the new grill project begin. Will post a detailed thread as progress is made and the new grill arrives. Hopefully I'll order it this weekend. 

nkdpavers.thumb.jpg.bfd8b5069166e396338db22626790737.jpg

Now that's exciting,  always fun to bring a new truck home and also fun to start a new project.

My Saturday project was a new spare tire and spare tire carrier install on the trailer,  not nearly as fun as building a new pit.

3 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Nice, congrats on the new truck.  I'll bet it's one of those Argentina open fire grills so you can play with the fire. 

Somebody's been paying attention B)

1 hour ago, philpom said:

My Saturday project was a new spare tire and spare tire carrier install on the trailer,  not nearly as fun as building a new pit.

Maybe not as fun but when you pop a tire hauling the trailer around you'll be glad you did it ;)

1 hour ago, retfr8flyr said:

She will enjoy the truck, I had one when they first came out and it was a great truck, I wish I still had it. Sounds exciting with the new grill, looking forward to more info.

Mrs skreef is really happy with the new truck and I'm very excited to play with the new grill. 

25 minutes ago, Stile 88 said:

Ah nice is it a rec tec wyld side 

Or is it a kalamazoo  lol

I looked at the Kalamazoo version of this grill. $25k - $30k depending on the features. Mrs skreef would have cashed in on my the life insurance after a purchase like that. 

Get the Beach Boys in your head and sing this chorus with me......... 

"We'll have fun, fun, fun til my wife takes the MAPP torch away....." 

On 6/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, ckreef said:

Maybe not as fun but when you pop a tire hauling the trailer around you'll be glad you did it ;)

And don't forget to check the spare tire pressure before you leave for a trip!  Take it from me.

36 minutes ago, huntsman.45 said:

Good looking truck, did you look at one with the Cummins in it? 

IMG_0321.JPG

We looked at a Cummins diesel version. Sitting right next to the one we bought. Basically the exact same truck with a diesel motor. 

We really have nothing heavy to tow and the diesel was much, much higher regular maintenance. We stayed with gas.