ckreef

New Truck plus Special Teaser Picture

19 minutes ago, JeffieBoy said:

And don't forget to check the spare tire pressure before you leave for a trip!  Take it from me.

Checked the spare tire before we left the dealer. At this point we're in week two and at about 250 miles (we drove around a bit) . Miles to run out of the first tank of gas is still more miles than total miles on the truck. 

We live 1.5 miles from work. During a normal week we'll put maybe 25 miles on it, if we go to the local town Piggly Wiggly during the week. 

I just retired in May.  After 14 years of commuting and putting 3-4 tanks of gas every two weeks at $55-60 CAD per tank, I have just realized two things.  First, nobody is putting money in my account every two weeks (first time in 39 years) and I just put my second tank of gas in it today since may 16th...  wow!  Too much gardening and bike riding...  LOL

43 minutes ago, ckreef said:

We looked at a Cummins diesel version. Sitting right next to the one we bought. Basically the exact same truck with a diesel motor. 

We really have nothing heavy to tow and the diesel was much, much higher regular maintenance. We stayed with gas. 

I understand that for sure. It is hard to justify unless you are hauling a big boat or something like that. One of my counterparts looked at one and even with the partner discount it was still out of my range!!

You're a lot better off with a gas engine, lower maintenance expense and way lower repair bills. A diesel is only good for those that need it for work or are pulling a heavy trailer daily, I know because I've been a mechanic for over 21 years. I laugh at these morons driving a diesel just for a status symbol, the truck stays on pavement, they never haul anything in the bed, and they never tow anything.

The grill arrived at about 2 pm. I got it uncrated and basically put together and in place. Then work called and off to a special project I had to go. So much for my 1/2 day off work. Anyway I snapped a couple sneak preview pictures. Will do a proper thread later this weekend. 

Lined with firebricks. The grate moves up and down with a lever/wheel arrangement. You can see the handle for the lever in the bottom left corner. Has a side brasero (firebox) and a warming/storage area (middle handle). Just the right size for me and Mrs skreef and the limited guests we might have. Full length cover. 

nkdsp1.thumb.jpg.2256bf48fee6eeead2785d36561c40a7.jpg

nkdsp2.thumb.jpg.d1e2beabab79ca31f95bbe50094fd51b.jpg

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

The grill arrived at about 2 pm. I got it uncrated and basically put together and in place. Then work called and off to a special project I had to go. So much for my 1/2 day off work. Anyway I snapped a couple sneak preview pictures. Will do a proper thread later this weekend. 

Lined with firebricks. The grate moves up and down with a lever/wheel arrangement. You can see the handle for the lever in the bottom left corner. Has a side brasero (firebox) and a warming/storage area (middle handle). Just the right size for me and Mrs skreef and the limited guests we might have. Full length cover. 

nkdsp1.thumb.jpg.2256bf48fee6eeead2785d36561c40a7.jpg

nkdsp2.thumb.jpg.d1e2beabab79ca31f95bbe50094fd51b.jpg

#Jealous....

That’s all all I got....

(Mr KK made me watch a video on this recently and now you have one... not fair....)

11 minutes ago, Burntweenie said:

I didn't even know about these grills until now and after watching youtube videos on this I have the want itch.

They just have fun written all over them. I'm hoping the weather cooperates tonight so I can fire it up. Stayed tuned for a complete thread in the near future. 

16 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

#Jealous....

That’s all all I got....

(Mr KK made me watch a video on this recently and now you have one... not fair....)

I think I saw the same video. Not sure where I would put something like this.

38 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

Just posted a video on this grill! Congrats on new truck and grill.

Scott

Couldn't find your post but here's a video