Thanks to @Kamadobjorn for the inspiration. The table is the “Applaro” Line. The hardware that you see in the last pictures all came from Hobby Lobby. The table comes with a thin, cheap pull bar and nothing else, not even knobs for the doors. The cooler pic is just for reference as that was what I was doing prior to getting the table. The last pic is sans hardware just the way it comes from IKEA. 

I used Lenox 18TPI metal jigsaw blades with an adjustable speed jigsaw set to its lowest setting to cut the hole. I used this edge trim from Amazon: Trim

If you have any other questions just ask. Cheers. 

D87EA853-0BE7-4664-8197-00D910EC35DF.jpeg

60857956-F95B-4EB6-9C7D-0669CA6F6B5F.jpeg

9BF6E1B8-8CA5-4AD1-9580-0966AD516AF0.jpeg

93973E99-B3C1-449D-959E-5BB15ECE86D9.jpeg

55BE31D5-F86E-45AC-9825-CC029AF57E1D.jpeg

I forgot to add that I have not moved the shelf up yet so my stacking is way overkill right now. I’ll adjust them later to reduce weight. Here’s the inside:

A6D38A32-E3DD-4F1D-858A-D8573E8D0DFE.jpeg

That looks great.  I've been casually looking for a side table to add to my grilling array, and this might fit the bill.  I've really been looking for something that could support an old two burner gas cooktop on the top with an enclosed area for my gas bottle underneath.  This is giving me some good ideas now. 

Love this table.   I just got one for my JR as well.  A few questions.  Did you remove the left brace under the stainless top before cutting?  Was that difficult to do if you did?

Thanks

Rock

Late to the party, but now that I have the plasma cutter dialed in, next will be the Jr Rotisserie thread!

For my trial I kept the shelf in the original place and stabilized with 2x4s. Jr is not going anywhere. I need to get some Ikea stain when going on an elective shopping trip is a thing again. I could not be bothered to get the big saws out so I did this with a circular saw. If I like it, I will probably redo it with accurate cuts. 

IkeaJoe.thumb.JPG.10a2a096a474ec19b36db472a00567a7.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By social assassin
      Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for any tips on how to cook a full packer brisket on my KJ Classic 2.  To date I have only smoked brisket twice; one time each of the Point & the Flat.  After seeing them in person at Costco it doesn’t look like it will fit on my KJ.  How do you make it work?

I am not sure if I posted this question in the correct thread.

Take Care,
      Pablo 
    • By itskrod00
      Want to purchase one of these accessories.  My question is can the soap stone do everything the cast iron can do plus more?

I imagine the soapstone wouldnt get as hot as the cast iron?
      I imagine the cast iron cooking, more food would possibly stick and more maintenance

or

are they too very different tools for different type cooks/food.
    • By Smarris
      New to the forum and this would be my first post.  I recently purchase the KJ Classic Joe 3, and was hoping to find some plans to build a grill table.  I've done some searches, but I'm not sure if any of them would accommodate the Classic Joe 3.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I definitely would appreciate it.  Thank you in advance.
    • By wk3660
      Just received my Kamado Joe.  I had an egg years ago, way before technology introduced itself into the sphere.  There is so much information and so many products to chose from I am in information overload.  I will be doing brisket & pulled pork from time to time, but will mainly do chicken and the usual dinner staples.  Should I make the investment into something that is scalable with a fan added eventually, or just get a great wireless thermometer and trust proven cooking ability and forget about a fan.  Thanks for the replies. 
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      In this video, you will find all of the information necessary to properly unbox and assemble your new Kamado Joe Classic III grill.  I didn't think to make a video for the first one, so thought I would share tips I picked up from doing it a second time around.