KamadoHop

Thanks to @Kamadobjorn for the inspiration. The table is the “Applaro” Line. The hardware that you see in the last pictures all came from Hobby Lobby. The table comes with a thin, cheap pull bar and nothing else, not even knobs for the doors. The cooler pic is just for reference as that was what I was doing prior to getting the table. The last pic is sans hardware just the way it comes from IKEA. 

I used Lenox 18TPI metal jigsaw blades with an adjustable speed jigsaw set to its lowest setting to cut the hole. I used this edge trim from Amazon: Trim

If you have any other questions just ask. Cheers. 

D87EA853-0BE7-4664-8197-00D910EC35DF.jpeg

60857956-F95B-4EB6-9C7D-0669CA6F6B5F.jpeg

9BF6E1B8-8CA5-4AD1-9580-0966AD516AF0.jpeg

93973E99-B3C1-449D-959E-5BB15ECE86D9.jpeg

55BE31D5-F86E-45AC-9825-CC029AF57E1D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

That looks great.  I've been casually looking for a side table to add to my grilling array, and this might fit the bill.  I've really been looking for something that could support an old two burner gas cooktop on the top with an enclosed area for my gas bottle underneath.  This is giving me some good ideas now. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Late to the party, but now that I have the plasma cutter dialed in, next will be the Jr Rotisserie thread!

For my trial I kept the shelf in the original place and stabilized with 2x4s. Jr is not going anywhere. I need to get some Ikea stain when going on an elective shopping trip is a thing again. I could not be bothered to get the big saws out so I did this with a circular saw. If I like it, I will probably redo it with accurate cuts. 

IkeaJoe.thumb.JPG.10a2a096a474ec19b36db472a00567a7.JPG

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, clive said:

could you tell me distance from top of table to top of shelf, and hole diamiter please regards clive

It's almost exactly 12 inches from top of table to top of shelf (note I have bricks between the kamado and the shelf) and I drilled out 1/4 inch holes

The distance was also based on not wanting the holes to look out of place, as there is already a hole the same distance below the original, so instead of having 2 holes 4 inches apart, I have 3 holes equidistant at 4 inches