KamadoHop

On 2/18/2021 at 1:06 AM, Webber_Grills said:

Did the same Idea as @Kamadobjornbut on the new Ikea line, the GrillSkar. Its a bit of a bigger table, with all metal body. Built more as a cabinet rather than as a cart. Perfect so farIMG_5609.thumb.jpeg.650a8ac712f10b0d924368cda9e1f33b.jpegIMG_5610.thumb.jpeg.2a808c6b8ea82c05fd6eeba43d034936.jpegIMG_5611.thumb.jpeg.c175569d85fb165a3a9eae9d5cef5589.jpegIMG_5612.thumb.jpeg.42a5342d40486e535610b81601e2c78a.jpegIMG_5614.thumb.jpeg.1fd56dc6a9ad46d4dac489aeb9ca339c.jpeg

That looks great! What do you do with the door when grilling? Keep it open or closed?

39 minutes ago, KamadoJor said:

That looks great! What do you do with the door when grilling? Keep it open or closed?

Thank you!

I can get to any temperature with the door shut - perhaps because there are two round holes in the back that I left unplugged (they are for the sink variant) 

I actually find it even more stable on a windy day, likely because it prevents gusts from affecting intake airflow

On 4/2/2021 at 5:48 PM, Webber_Grills said:

Thank you!

I can get to any temperature with the door shut - perhaps because there are two round holes in the back that I left unplugged (they are for the sink variant) 

I actually find it even more stable on a windy day, likely because it prevents gusts from affecting intake airflow

Increased stability is a plus, really. We have a lot of wind over here and it does influence the heat. I used to have my Junior in a semi-closed wooden table, but sold that, because it was taking up too much space. Now that I have another toddler running around, I'm looking to buy a table again. He seems to be really fond of the Joe Junior, which is great  :bravo: but I can't have him touching it when it's hot of course. 

If only these cabinets had wheels, it would be perfect for my use case.

8 hours ago, KamadoJor said:

Increased stability is a plus, really. We have a lot of wind over here and it does influence the heat. I used to have my Junior in a semi-closed wooden table, but sold that, because it was taking up too much space. Now that I have another toddler running around, I'm looking to buy a table again. He seems to be really fond of the Joe Junior, which is great  :bravo: but I can't have him touching it when it's hot of course. 

If only these cabinets had wheels, it would be perfect for my use case.

You could definitely track down casters that would screw into the height adjustment stems, but It would likely need additional support to keep everything squared up in motion. Racking does make the walls buckle a bit, but they are solid once installed. Maybe a bar from caster to caster on the bottom would get it strong as hell....