CentralTexBBQ

A Not So Lil Sumthin Sumthin

Neighbor helps cut down tree. Steak is proper reward. Ribeye is the proper steak. Big thanks requires big steak. Cowboy steak qualifies. 

E7571BDE-2E0C-470D-9924-59D4ACE2CFD5.thumb.jpeg.270b4c479758cc617a43aa80db57724b.jpeg

222AD89A-81C1-4615-91BD-371DC8255D2A.thumb.jpeg.e17cf0b36e600d5a3e9112be64441366.jpeg

73426A85-A97C-48DE-8FE8-F4E392851906.thumb.jpeg.39199698e3c83594b05358c4eb19145a.jpeg

CD7CF1C5-4265-41CC-A370-F20136FF9249.thumb.jpeg.9bd106cf17e1d9da95a72f20bac07f86.jpeg

53129BD3-5314-4A9E-B007-696D8B2B91A3.thumb.jpeg.c5b85a7185df15c5fe919d63b94068a3.jpeg

Unfortunately, hunger demanded I forget pics after slicing and eat instead. Last pic is the carcass. 

Thanks. I’m sure he basically saved my life. It was too large, too dead, and too far leaning for one person to tackle. 

As as a bonus, he never had cowboy steak or spaghetti squash or jalapeño poppers before. He really is under the impression I can cook now!!! ;)

:rofl:

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

59 minutes ago, prowe said:

If you need some help with a lis something something please look me up.

We actually put a pretty big hurt in it. But, I'll keep you in mind for next time!!! :-D

38 minutes ago, gotzero said:

No kidding!

The apple for scale is wonderful. 

That was a pretty big Granny Smith also. I sliced it maybe pencil width. You could cut it with a fork. 

6 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Hey brother, any more trees on your property? "Have Chainsaw Will Travel "B)

Well, not at the moment but, they're dropping like flies. Given recent history, I expect one or two more trees to go at any moment. :-D

@Edward Cook, absolutely. I have had the wonderful experience of having some pretty great neighbors throughout my life and their help, counsel and mentoring has proved invaluable.

31 minutes ago, TexasBlues said:

NICE!

i wouldnt even know where to buy a hunk o'goodness like that!

how did the sketti squash turn out?

i love me some sketti squash

The squash is very good. Used' 'is' because I will be finishing off the remnants today. On Monday I used a small portion with the remaining steak and cheddar eggs for breakfast then made actual Spaghetti w/ hot Italian sausage with part of it. Will use the remainder for a late breakfast today.

Many good butchers carry them. If you keep your eyes open, several grocers carry them from time to time because of their rising popularity.

4 hours ago, TexasBlues said:

NICE!

i wouldnt even know where to buy a hunk o'goodness like that!

how did the sketti squash turn out?

i love me some sketti squash

I buy a whole bone-in  prime rib at Cost Co every November for our Christmas Prime Rib Dinner. I only use about a 4 or 5 bone roast at Christmas and cut the rest into cowboy steaks to enjoy through out the year.