Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It’s winter over here in Australia so it’s comfort food time! Lamb shanks with mash. 

2648A5AD-109D-4E26-829B-389F7F68EC72.thumb.png.431fb0d25dea7e38fa2124bdb0dc75ff.png

turned the leftovers into pizza for the footy last night. 

5352062D-E5D1-4844-B75D-1CB1CF76C788.thumb.jpeg.81ff625062a596028303df840caf9d9e.jpeg

This was amazing! 

EB6CB60A-4405-4058-B8B2-28F854CB5A31.thumb.png.03cd99cd639d787d3226344b866ba1ac.png

 

Thanks for looking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful lamb shanks. Truly one of my most favorite cooks. I can hardly wait for the end of October / November when it turns cold here  and becomes perfect lamb shank cooking weather. Check out a web site called "Kalafogas" it is a Greek cooking site that has both traditional and trendy Greek recipes. Really a good source. IMO the Greeks are truly the masters of the lamb cook. 

 

Looks like we do a similar lamb shank cook, I have laid my  shanks over risotto and orzo pasta,  but have not tried mashed potatoes, gotta try that, looks like a great combination. 

IMG_0291.thumb.jpeg.5f1451694cf393b030141781ccebe656.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, arclite said:

Gorgeous!

 

I usually braise lamb shanks.

 

I've done a lamb shoulder low and slow (barbacoa style) in the Primo with great results.

Yeah braising is awesome in the Kamado. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Beautiful lamb shanks. Truly one of my most favorite cooks. I can hardly wait for the end of October / November when it turns cold here  and becomes perfect lamb shank cooking weather. Check out a web site called "Kalafogas" it is a Greek cooking site that has both traditional and trendy Greek recipes. Really a good source. IMO the Greeks are truly the masters of the lamb cook. 

 

Looks like we do a similar lamb shank cook, I have laid my  shanks over risotto and orzo pasta,  but have not tried mashed potatoes, gotta try that, looks like a great combination. 

IMG_0291.thumb.jpeg.5f1451694cf393b030141781ccebe656.jpeg

Hi Keeper, yes they look like very similar styles! Nothing better than that sauce you get from smoking and reducing it down over the course of the cook! So intense!!

 

cheers mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pesto3 said:

Hi Keeper, yes they look like very similar styles! Nothing better than that sauce you get from smoking and reducing it down over the course of the cook! So intense!!

 

cheers mate 

Yes, yes, yes, the sauce is truly amazing. I add white beans, onions, and carrots, along with lots of garlic, Greek seasoning and  Med  herbs with chicken broth and white wine, it comes out amazing. Got to have crusty bread, or your mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Yes, yes, yes, the sauce is truly amazing. I add white beans, onions, and carrots, along with lots of garlic, Greek seasoning and  Med  herbs with chicken broth and white wine, it comes out amazing. Got to have crusty bread, or your mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.:) 

Absolutely! Mine was similar, lots of herbs, garlic, veggie stock and red wine, carrots, etc. damn, now I’m hungry for more! Lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...