It’s winter over here in Australia so it’s comfort food time! Lamb shanks with mash. 

2648A5AD-109D-4E26-829B-389F7F68EC72.thumb.png.431fb0d25dea7e38fa2124bdb0dc75ff.png

turned the leftovers into pizza for the footy last night. 

5352062D-E5D1-4844-B75D-1CB1CF76C788.thumb.jpeg.81ff625062a596028303df840caf9d9e.jpeg

This was amazing! 

EB6CB60A-4405-4058-B8B2-28F854CB5A31.thumb.png.03cd99cd639d787d3226344b866ba1ac.png

Thanks for looking

Beautiful lamb shanks. Truly one of my most favorite cooks. I can hardly wait for the end of October / November when it turns cold here  and becomes perfect lamb shank cooking weather. Check out a web site called "Kalafogas" it is a Greek cooking site that has both traditional and trendy Greek recipes. Really a good source. IMO the Greeks are truly the masters of the lamb cook. 

Looks like we do a similar lamb shank cook, I have laid my  shanks over risotto and orzo pasta,  but have not tried mashed potatoes, gotta try that, looks like a great combination. 

IMG_0291.thumb.jpeg.5f1451694cf393b030141781ccebe656.jpeg

4 hours ago, arclite said:

Gorgeous!

I usually braise lamb shanks.

I've done a lamb shoulder low and slow (barbacoa style) in the Primo with great results.

Yeah braising is awesome in the Kamado. 

2 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Beautiful lamb shanks. Truly one of my most favorite cooks. I can hardly wait for the end of October / November when it turns cold here  and becomes perfect lamb shank cooking weather. Check out a web site called "Kalafogas" it is a Greek cooking site that has both traditional and trendy Greek recipes. Really a good source. IMO the Greeks are truly the masters of the lamb cook. 

Looks like we do a similar lamb shank cook, I have laid my  shanks over risotto and orzo pasta,  but have not tried mashed potatoes, gotta try that, looks like a great combination. 

IMG_0291.thumb.jpeg.5f1451694cf393b030141781ccebe656.jpeg

Hi Keeper, yes they look like very similar styles! Nothing better than that sauce you get from smoking and reducing it down over the course of the cook! So intense!!

cheers mate 

5 hours ago, pesto3 said:

Hi Keeper, yes they look like very similar styles! Nothing better than that sauce you get from smoking and reducing it down over the course of the cook! So intense!!

cheers mate 

Yes, yes, yes, the sauce is truly amazing. I add white beans, onions, and carrots, along with lots of garlic, Greek seasoning and  Med  herbs with chicken broth and white wine, it comes out amazing. Got to have crusty bread, or your mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.:) 

6 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Yes, yes, yes, the sauce is truly amazing. I add white beans, onions, and carrots, along with lots of garlic, Greek seasoning and  Med  herbs with chicken broth and white wine, it comes out amazing. Got to have crusty bread, or your mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.:) 

Absolutely! Mine was similar, lots of herbs, garlic, veggie stock and red wine, carrots, etc. damn, now I’m hungry for more! Lmao