rdgrav

KAMADO JOE CLASSIC II SIZE

I have been cooking on an akorn for the last 6 years and now it is time to purchase a new Kamado.  I know my akorn has a 20" grill and the kamado joe classic has a 18" grill Im just a little concerned about the 2" difference in cooking area.  Has anyone went from an akorn to an 18" kamado and really regretted the purchase due to the size difference.

I did the same thing about 2 years ago.  Haven't really noticed the standard cooking area difference.  I did miss the Acorn's expansion rack once while doing a spatchcock chicken and some bacon wrapped jalapenos.  Joe has options for that, but I haven't added one yet.

The D & C grate system more than makes up for any shortcomings of cooking surface size or lack of standard expansion rack.

Thanks for the welcome Jack

Thanks for the great feedback chaluk  Im really glad that you didn't really notice a big difference in the cooking surface .  Has anyone noticed any major flaws with the joe compared to the akorn that I should be aware about?