TexasBlues

What are you cooking for our nation's birthday?

Mornin all!

I hope this finds each and every one of you well!

What are your cooking plans for this birthday meal?

I am planning on getting MUCH grill time this weekend (4 days off!)

the PLAN is for some pork ribs on Thursday, and maybe a butt on Friday... possibly some filler foods (burgers/dogs, etc) for the mid-day 'hungries'

I plan to do much around the house all 4 days... cooking, cleaning, fixing, moving stuff etc

I was thinking about a brisket, but I think I will wait until Labor Day for that one... more people may be available to eat it

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

flags.jpg

The plan is an American Wagyu chuck roast (cooked like a brisket) with smoked southside style hot links on the 4th. I have prime grade short rib plates I might switch out for the Wagyu, but won't cook both.

My weekend cooking plans had to be scrapped, so only planning a Thursday cook. Possibly Wednesday dinner if I can get my act together.

I bought a couple of beef tenderloins at a really good price 2 months ago.  So for the 4th I'm making filet mignon shish kebabs with peppers, red onion, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, served on a bed of saffron rice pilaf.

Edited by daninpd
spelling

Simple fare for me this year. Smash Frisco Burgers, Mexican style corn on the cob, baked beans, and a really cool mixed berry, peanut butter cookie mix cobbler with ice cream my wife is making.  With the exception of the Cobler, probably do it all on the Weber Gasser with a camp chef round griddle for the smash burgers. Should be able to see fire works shot off a barge on Watson lake about 9:00 pm. 

I'm heading to my parent's house to help out with some projects, and taking food for the grill as well.  I've got some chicken Parmesan sausages for the meat, along with buns.  I plan on adding a skillet of grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms, along with a quick pot of fresh cooked tomato sauce to top the sandwiches.  For a side I'm grilling some sliced yellow squash with garlic infused olive oil.  Should be some good eats this weekend!

It was supposed to be simple with just burgers and dogs but I can't serve only those two items.  So grilled sausage, hot and sweet together with peppers and onions are also on the menu. Plus we've added split chicken breasts since I prefer them to boneless. Only a small gathering of the family but I'll have all three grills fired up and put to use. 

Have a great July 4th all! 

-Dom

Update - 

Thinking my wagyu chuck roast is too small. I gave 6 adults committing and 2 maybes. I'm not a fan of leftovers, but thinking I should cook up a coupe plates of prime short ribs. 

7 hours ago, Family_cook said:

Starting a brisket at 6:00 am, heading to the beach then eating at 5:00. Made bbq sauce an hour ago.  

I get nervous whenever I see the words 'brisket' and 'bbq sauce' in that close proximity to one another. :rofl:

8 minutes ago, arclite said:

Update - 

Thinking my wagyu chuck roast is too small. I gave 6 adults committing and 2 maybes. I'm not a fan of leftovers, but thinking I should cook up a coupe plates of prime short ribs. 

Depends on how big it is, how many sides you are having and their propensity to eat the links.