TexasBlues

What are you cooking for our nation's birthday?

On 7/4/2019 at 7:08 PM, ckreef said:

Wait a minute......... I didn't realize you lived near the Chesapeake Bay. I grew up in Silver Spring, MD for the first 32 years of my life. Went down to the Chesapeake Bay on a regular basis while growing up. The Chesapeake Bay is what started me collecting fossils. 3rd grade or so we started a yearly field trip in school to the Chesapeake Bay to look for sharks teeth. Good times for sure. 

Grew up in York, PA.  Every year our field trip was, in the spring Inner Harbor, and in the fall Gettysburg.

I cooked bb ribs on the 4th.

Ribs seasoned and ready for the grill

IMG_20190704_115401158.thumb.jpg.7cbfbf674533d37b233491137f39884e.jpg

I used BGE savory pecan seasoning:

IMG_20190704_115412716.thumb.jpg.d376499c2a29f94ffd2b3ba8e6ead827.jpg

I added  a few chunks of pecan, apple and cherry wood and brought the grill up to 225* and put the ribs on:

IMG_20190704_153009497_HDR.thumb.jpg.e60a01688c69b4a0b7b0e729563e78c8.jpg

After 2 hours, I sauced my wife's ribs (small ribs) and wrapped in foil for an hour. After the hour I took them out and added some more sauce, and sauced my ribs. Here is the finished product:

IMG_20190704_185128382.thumb.jpg.3f6aec273b6b6860902688c0897a378e.jpg

These were not my best ribs, but they were among the best. I would give them a B+. My wife ate all 4 bones of her ribs. I was only able to finish about half of my ribs. The neighbor always appreciates what we don't finish. I was just getting ready to take them over when she brought us some peach crumble cake for desert.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, Golf Griller said:

Not sure of my cooking plans for the entire holiday weekend, but I'm planning on baby back ribs on Thursday.

I cooked brats on Friday, a tenderloin steak on Saturday, and I'm going to do chicken thighs today.

WOW!

thanks everyone for posting... SO many great looking meals

i did some baby backs on the 4th for my lovely bride and i and our eldest... everyone else was doing other stuff... they cam out pretty well

(friday night) saturday i did a butt... ran into some trouble with the fire though... 

good and hot friday night at 2130 when i put on the butt... overnight went fine until saturday morning when the fire DIED round 0530...

internal was at 170*...

went out side, had to restart the fire and wait for it to come up while the meat cooled... and cooled... and cooled

finally got the thing back on and ended up pulling it at about 1730 with a temp of 189* internal...

let it sit for 30 +/- mins and shredded it with the claws...

was just a TINY bit dry, but tasted good... i used a new rub called IPA (has hops in it) and it was good...

i dont know what happened to my fire, but i sure was glad that the butt is such a forgiving piece of meat

thank you, everyone, for posting your cooks...