Ben711200

La Hacienda (UK, Morrisons)

I thought it may be of interest that popularity of kamados is really starting to pick up now in the UK. Two supermarkets were selling them special offers last year, and a third has joined them this year. 

This was priced at £175 a few weeks ago then the price got dropped a couple times to make way for the next wave of offers. I managed to get this one for £90. It has the same size grill as a Joe Jr (which sells here for just over £400), came with a deflector, expander grill and an ash tool. 

It has been sold by Morrisons, and is from UK importer La Hacienda but La Hacienda aren't supporting this supermarket model as far as I am aware. Does anyone recognise what it may be sold as elsewhere in order that I can source a firebox when the inevitable happens?

IMG_20190630_084600_572.jpg

IMG_20190629_225046.jpg

Thanks for the info, it looks good. They have 3 left at our local Morrisons for £90 at the moment.  I'm thinking of getting one for my dad. I bought the large one for £350 and am very happy with it. Would you be able to fit a good size joint on it, e.g 2.5kg?

13 hours ago, Tongmaster said:

Thanks for the info, it looks good. They have 3 left at our local Morrisons for £90 at the moment.  I'm thinking of getting one for my dad. I bought the large one for £350 and am very happy with it. Would you be able to fit a good size joint on it, e.g 2.5kg?

I would imagine so. It's a surprisingly good size. Same grill size as a Joe Jr, so anything that will go on that should go. Plenty of posts on that to compare.

You have stock left near you?! There's nothing left at all around me.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:31 AM, Ben711200 said:

Does anyone recognise what it may be sold as elsewhere in order that I can source a firebox when the inevitable happens?

This link intimates that these are made by Auplex:

http://www.bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4662

There are a few sellers on AliExpress doing compatible parts and accessories.