Good morning and happy Independence Day!  I am new here as a poster but have been lurking in the background since I got th kamado bug.  There is a ton of good info on this forum and I appreciate the posters and information found here. 

I have have cooked a Weber kettle weekly for the past 10 yrs and have recently been looking for an excuse to get a kamado.  Wouldn’t you know, the darn wheel fell off when I moved it last weekend....  Guess that’s my excuse?  I use 2 zone cooking A LOT and have decided the Primo XL Oval best suits my needs.  I would prefer the new all in one package but suppose I could buy the stand alone grill and build a table, if necessary.

That being said, I am very curious to hear what any of you Primo Xl owners paid (and where).  I’d also like to know the best sales price y’all remember seeing on them so I know when I see a good deal to pull the trigger and buy it.  I am surprised not to see any real 4th of July sales on them now.  When would be the best time to buy one at the best price y’all have seen?

Thanks ahead of time and have a safe and happy 4th!!!

Welcome FJPinChs.  :welcome:  I've owned a Primo XL since 2013.  It was my second kamado.  I use it regularly and still love its versatility and multiple cooking options.  I bought mine from a Pool and Garden retailer that was selling so far below MSRP that I was able to get the SS cart, extender racks, fire box divider, 2 deflector plates w/hangers, and 2 griddles all under $1600.  

Dang, Jack.  That type of deal is exactly what I’m looking for.  Was that a floor model they were trying to dump or did you go in for a really good advertised sale?  Did you just happen to stumble on that or were you stalking places for a deal?  There are a few authorized dealers near me but none of them have stock on site.

Best bet is buying one late fall or right after the new year when dealers want to move stock.

In respect to dealers (most Primo dealers are mom & pops) and the forum members who offer valuable advice about cooking and ceramic care, I don't think it's a great idea bargain shopping on this forum. 

8 minutes ago, arclite said:

Best bet is buying one late fall or right after the new year when dealers want to move stock.

In respect to dealers (most Primo dealers are mom & pops) and the forum members who offer valuable advice about cooking and ceramic care, I don't think it's a great idea bargain shopping on this forum. 

Didn’t really consider that. Not trying to cry poor mouth or abuse mom and pops. Just had my second child so the extra cash is shrinking rapidly.  Good deal helps justify with my wife.  

When I bought my Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle I started by finding the best online price. I then went to a local butcher shop that's a Primo dealer. I was straight up with the owner about the internet pricing. He matched the price and didn't charge me sales tax which would have been another 7%.

He may not have made much off of me on the Primo deal but I'm now a regular customer at his butcher shop. 

You should at least give a local mom and pop dealer the chance to get your business. If they don't want to play ball that's there decision. 

I've found that sales, specials or deals are a rarity on Primo's.  Like @ckreefsuggested shop for your best on line price, take it to your local dealer and give them a shot.  Pull the trigger one way or another, you won't be disappointed.