Sign in to follow this  
Danwilderspin

Is there a reason not to sink your joe like me?

Hi all 

I have finished building my walls and timber counter to sink the joe in. I have done it all and a buddy came over for a bbq and he mentioned o have not done it the normal way and a quick google proves him right. I have made the top of the base flush with the counter. Logic for this was easily being able to flick pizzas off onto cardboard trays - is there any issues my way?

DB513F65-9E13-45D3-9803-44CF5D8525ED.thumb.jpeg.55bcdb9c8b284034011596e552c3c875.jpeg

The main issue I see is getting your fingers pinched under that handle when the lid comes down.  Seems like it would be difficult to open.  I might get a set of stepping stones to set under the feet and grill.  This will raise it an inch or two.

Looking at it I'll agree with @Team PCBeach. Pinching the fingers. A few pavers to raise it up solves the problem. Nothing wrong with it temperature and cooking wise but I don't think you gain anything either.