Louisiana Grills Kamado - Costco UK

TobyLeRone

Will do!

i have another question to any longer time owners of this grill. Mines only a year old but I am having bad issues with damp inside the grill. It’s left covered with the vents closed. Yet I can go in after it’s been sat and it’s damp. Even after longer cooks at high temperature there can still be moisture forming on the inside. 
I do leave coal in there as well which also gets damp. 
I’ve put moisture absorbers inside and they do gather a lot of water inside, but they don’t solve the issue. 
is this normal? Will they all do that? Or is there a fault with my cover? The outside isn’t soaked so I would say the cover should be working but yeah I don’t know what to do! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, TobyLeRone said:

Will do!

i have another question to any longer time owners of this grill. Mines only a year old but I am having bad issues with damp inside the grill. It’s left covered with the vents closed. Yet I can go in after it’s been sat and it’s damp. Even after longer cooks at high temperature there can still be moisture forming on the inside. 
I do leave coal in there as well which also gets damp. 
I’ve put moisture absorbers inside and they do gather a lot of water inside, but they don’t solve the issue. 
is this normal? Will they all do that? Or is there a fault with my cover? The outside isn’t soaked so I would say the cover should be working but yeah I don’t know what to do! 

Non ceramic kamado owner but I'm pretty sure you need to keep the vents open when covered to allow the kamado to "breathe".

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I’ve always kept them closed. I’ll give it a try. The logic being it seals the grill keeping damp out. 

My thing is I did the same last year and had no issue with damp, this year it’s been ridiculous, every cook as the fire gets going it’s like it’s soaked inside, water starts lining the walls. 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I bought the ynni divide and Conquer. 

YNNI KAMADO TQDC23 23" Divide and Conquer Complete 6 Piece with Pot Holder Kamado Grill Universal TQDC23

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KT95CWV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_EPN0WY2FCTX1HMJH2YTE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It fits perfectly and recommended that everyone gets it, it makes the kamado so much more usable. 

I've just ordered the inkbird temperature controller and will see how good it is. 

Would really like a rotisserie if anyone has managed to get one to fit please let me know. 

Also what is this air lift hinge that was previously mentioned?? Thanks