Sign in to follow this  
DerHusker

Another 4th of July Cheese Burger Thread

For the long weekend we started out being invited over to our neighbor’s house for hamburgers. I was tasked with grilling up some corn.

48210052082_54c82b4d6f_z.jpg

Once these started getting some golden-brown char marks, I put them in a large rectangular pan and covered them with foil. We took this over with two each, 3 portion plates of fixings. One plate had a stick of butter, salt and black pepper for traditional American style corn of the cob. The other plate had some mayo, Tajin seasoning and come Cotija Cheese for Mexican style street corn. Didn’t feel like I should be taking pictures at their house so that’s all I can share from the 4th.

Today I grilled up some hamburger patties on my Akorn Jr. for some cheese burgers.

48210040722_95b1cb8154_z.jpg

48210043377_64556b7614_z.jpg

After they were done I removed them and toasted the buns while I added the cheese to the burgers.

48210041232_251c9b6b52_z.jpg

One more stop on the grill to melt the cheese.

48210042847_f021c657d8_z.jpg

Here is mine plated up with some potato salad, some watermelon and a Stone Brewing Vanilla Bean Porter.

48210042362_4afe875387_b.jpg

48209982816_479edd9368_b.jpg

48209983221_870f495588_b.jpg

There nothing quite like enjoying a good cheeseburger on the 4th of July weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      It’s been hot this last week here in Low Cal (Upper 90’s to low 100’s) but today it cooled off, so I grilled a few Cheeseburgers. I started out by cutting 2 russet potatoes up into 1/8th and then tossed in some OO and seasoned with some fresh ground salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and some thyme. I then seasoned the patties with Primo Chicago Stockyard rub. Here they are on the grill ready to be flipped.

Flipped them.

I then removed the patties and toasted the buns. While they were toasting I added some cheddar cheese slices to the patties. Once the buns were done I put the patties back on to melt the cheese.

Here it is plated up with the Steak Fries and a Modelo Especial.  

YUM!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Sent the long weekend off in style with a Double Meat Double Cheese Burger. Fired up Jr. for the patties.

Flipped and removed them when they were done so I could add the cheese.

Toasted the buns.

One more time of the grill to melt the cheese.

Plated this up with some watermelon, potato salad and a Stone Brewing Xocoveza. (Yum!)

After a few bites of this monster.

So good!

Thanks for looking.

• By DerHusker
      Chicken is my wife’s favorite and I like to cook things she’ll like, most of the time , so I cooked up some Chichen Shawarma. Started out by skinning and de-boning some chicken thighs that I had thawed out. I cut each in half and set them aside in the fridge.

I now got out the ingredients for a yogurt based Sharwarma marinade.

Everybody in the pool

and gave it a good spin with the whisk.

I then put the chicken thighs in and stirred it up to get complete coverage on all surfaces.

I then covered the bowl with plastic wrap and placed them in the fridge to rest overnight. Now I made up a batch of Tzatziki.

Link to recipes:

The next day I broke out my vertical spit.

And loaded it up with the Shawarma and topped it with a nice thick slice of red onion

After I had preheated my kamado up to 325 for 1/2 hour I put the Shawarma in.

I checked on it after about 25 minutes and knew it could go much longer.

After about 1 hour I started getting everything ready. I cut up my veggies

and got the Tzatziki out.

I also set up my craving station.

Once the Shawarma developed some char on it, I removed it and sliced off the outer layer and then placed it back in the kamado.

I warmed up some flat bread and spooned on some Tzatziki and then made up some Shawarma Sammi’s.

Here they are served street food style with a Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin and some mandarin orange slices.

SO GOOD!

Thanks for looking.