moloch16

ThermoWorks Billows

Yeah, same here on all counts. I get that the Smoke is older but yeesh, it must have a much bigger install base.

I'm also stumped about why they opted for that aperture/interface. Aren't the plug-style interfaces the defacto standard?

Smoke doesn't have the connection or software inside to be a controller. 

When they made Signals they had this in the works which is why Signals is ready to go as a controller. 

Both Smoke and Signals are there low end products. I wish they came out with a ThermaQ type product that was a controller. 

I would like one with a damper, even damper only. My Akorn gets to temp quickly. The Roto Damper looks great but I am no genius. 

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

Smoke doesn't have the connection or software inside to be a controller. 

When they made Signals they had this in the works which is why Signals is ready to go as a controller. 

Both Smoke and Signals are there low end products. I wish they came out with a ThermaQ type product that was a controller. 

Yeah, I realized that after I hit the post button. Same with the plug comment. The square interface is far more versatile once I actually thought through it.

Will be interested in reading reviews on this one.

1 hour ago, OpieSF said:

The square interface is far more versatile once I actually thought through it.

Not sure about that. It'll all depend on how many adapters they come up with in the end. The BBQ Guru controllers have an adapter for just about every grill on the market. I imagine it's going to take Thermoworks some time before they have that kind of coverage. 

23 hours ago, ckreef said:

Not sure about that. It'll all depend on how many adapters they come up with in the end. The BBQ Guru controllers have an adapter for just about every grill on the market. I imagine it's going to take Thermoworks some time before they have that kind of coverage. 

If you goto that page for the Bellows and read some of the questions asked, someone asked about the BGE. Here was the response:

"BEST ANSWER: Yes, it will. We have a large Big Green Egg at our offices and it has been used a great deal during testing. We have an adapter that will make it even easier to attach Billows to your Big Green Egg. It is on the way from the manufacturer and will be available soon."

Does the BGE have a similar vent at the bottom to the Kamado Joe?