khb

Why isn't there a Kamander topic?

Is there a voting process or something? I know I'm new here ... but are we second class citizens? ;>

Welcome, and no there are no second class citizens here. That's what sets this forum apart from the other kamado forums, we focus primarily on kamado cooking and not the brand of kamado you are cooking on.  There are a number of  folk with Kamander's here, and a quick search will bring up a host of Kamander / charbroil an chargriller related posts, videos, and such. Looks to me like  we have a happy, healthy, and active Akorn, Kamander, group here.  Enjoy

Welcome khb.  I'll be the second Moderator to chime in on your post.  Keeperofdeflame is 100% correct, there are no "second class citizens" here.  In fact, we strive to insure that Kamado Guru is brand neutral, and welcome all types of kamados and even quite a few non-kamado outdoor cookers.  Fanboys and those who join simply to promote their particular favorite cooker are discouraged and politely referred to the forum for their favored brand.  So please feel free to join the conversation assured that there is no brand favoritism and certainly no brand-driven hierarchy of membership.

We welcome your participation and look forward to seeing photos of the food you produce on your Kamander.  

New guy is amazed that Char Broil does not have a recipe/cookbook with the very basic time/temp estimates for the basics. I am a newbie with two new kamander and need all the help I can get. ELK FOR INSTANCE. Quick. Roast, steak, 

thnx

John

1 hour ago, JohnWright said:

New guy is amazed that Char Broil does not have a recipe/cookbook with the very basic time/temp estimates for the basics. I am a newbie with two new kamander and need all the help I can get. ELK FOR INSTANCE. Quick. Roast, steak, 

thnx

John

Mrs skreef picked it up at Lowes earlier this year. Not grill specific. Has some tasty looking/sounding recipes. 

cbcb.thumb.jpg.57ef20162dee5418655ad316e1d81fdf.jpg