AV8Rguy

“Jessie, it’s time to cook!”

Hi everyone,

I’m a Noobie to the charcoal grilling world, but have become a recent owner of a KAMADO Joe Classic 2. (Named Jessie - cause it’s always time to cook)

Not wanting premium tools to go to waste, I’m motivated to learn about different cooking methods and recipes while I continue to sample platters during my career travels, and hopefully create and re-create some wonderful dishes at home for the Family. 

Shout out to John Setzler for helping to kick things off with some sound advice and guidance via his YouTube channel.  Thanks John!

Welcome glad to have you and your new Joe with us. Yes, the impulse to recreate recipes on your kamado is a wonderful way to bring joy to the family. You new kamado is actually more of a charcoal fired convection oven than it is just another BBQ or smoker. You can cook pretty much anything you can cook in a kitchen oven or on a stove top for that matter. You are not limited to traditional BBQ classics but can venture into breads, pies, pizza, fancy and complicated recipes, pretty much anything you can think to cook, your kamado can cook it and turn out delicious food in the process. Enjoy your entry into kamado cooking and the forum conversation as well. 

1 hour ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Welcome glad to have you and your new Joe with us. Yes, the impulse to recreate recipes on your kamado is a wonderful way to bring joy to the family. You new kamado is actually more of a charcoal fired convection oven than it is just another BBQ or smoker. You can cook pretty much anything you can cook in a kitchen oven or on a stove top for that matter. You are not limited to traditional BBQ classics but can venture into breads, pies, pizza, fancy and complicated recipes, pretty much anything you can think to cook, your kamado can cook it and turn out delicious food in the process. Enjoy your entry into kamado cooking and the forum conversation as well. 

He stole my thunder! 

Welcome, AV8Rguy! 

Just kidding, Keeper, I only dream I was as eloquent!