ckreef

Rosemary Peach chicken

Rosemary, Peaches, and Chicken thighs with a white wine pan sauce, mozzarella and bacon. Cooked on the Nuke Delta grill. 

rpcA.thumb.jpg.765ce4b1aa8d893a282fc54e09688501.jpg

Fire up the Nuke Delta. Wood to the side for extra coals later in the cook. 

rpcB.thumb.jpg.3940aacc4c351bc1a924509bec378032.jpg

Slide the Grill Grates over and sear some peaches and thighs. 

rpcC.thumb.jpg.f84225c42e13198041ed1d8b18f49b96.jpg

Once the peaches and thighs have a good sear put them down in the warming area. 

rpcD.thumb.jpg.7ef0a12c603eb16a74881d9c5b08092b.jpg

Slide the Grill Grates out of the way and add the standard grate. Cook down some bacon. 

rpcE.thumb.jpg.812efa56d45fc9a0b50a008c0603e735.jpg

Remove the bacon and set aside. Add the thighs and deglaze the pan with white wine. 

rpcF.thumb.jpg.fa1d94b0016575a8ff39f4fe70afdf5e.jpg

Add some chicken stock, the peaches and some mozzarella. Close the lid on the Nuke Delta and finish cooking/thickening the sauce. 

rpcG.thumb.jpg.0b1b79977f04b19d94e0d5371df8c240.jpg

What a fantastic meal. Bright, fresh flavors. This cook will go into our summer rotation. The Nuke Delta grill definitely has a learning curve but I'm a quick study. 

rpcH.thumb.jpg.072b0a2093b029526a62633b4830a114.jpg

4 hours ago, buckleybj said:

That looks fantastic! The Nuke Delta looks fun as well. 

TY buckleybj. I'm having a blast cooking on the Nuke Delta grill. 

3 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

That’s a beautiful looking dish, @ckreef!  Looks like a perfect summer meal!  

And I love seeing that new grill in action. Looks like you’re already a pro. Really like your grill grate setup - very versatile. 

TY Kismet. The Grill Grates are turning out to be an awesome idea. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Like the Wood Fired Oven, timing is key to success. 

Yeah, well, living in Georgia and using peaches in July is almost like...I don't know...cheating.   I drove through GA one July for an Army transfer and had some peaches from a farm stand and just couldn't believe it.  Sort of the Dolly Parton of the fruit world.

looks amazing!  I love peaches in savoury dishes.  That bbq looks very cool.  You guys must have an enormous yard to accommodate all of your cooking devices :-D

59 minutes ago, Lydia said:

looks amazing!  I love peaches in savoury dishes.  That bbq looks very cool.  You guys must have an enormous yard to accommodate all of your cooking devices :-D

Nope most of the grills are packed on a small covered porch. The only grills out in the gold fish pond garden are the Wood Fired Oven and the Nuke Delta Argentina style grill. 

Mrs skreef really wants all the other grills off the porch. Not sure I'm ready to spend the money on a proper outdoor kitchen to make that happen,,,,,,,,,  yet. 

48 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

@ckreef that meal looks so good! I like the warming oven but losing that and gaining a few more inches to move closer to the fire or away from it too would work better me thinks-lol!

Scott

I hear you and basically I agree. But it is what it is, so I just work with what I got B)

Just a bit of a learning curve. 

On 7/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, ckreef said:

Nope most of the grills are packed on a small covered porch. The only grills out in the gold fish pond garden are the Wood Fired Oven and the Nuke Delta Argentina style grill. 

Mrs skreef really wants all the other grills off the porch. Not sure I'm ready to spend the money on a proper outdoor kitchen to make that happen,,,,,,,,,  yet. 

An outdoor kitchen.... that would be amazing!!