Sign in to follow this  
Jose Andres Zapata

Cacio e Pepe Pizza

From Marc Vetri's book Mastering Pizza - Cacio e Pepe

1/2 Cup Ice

3/4 Cup Pecorino Romano

Pepper

EVVO -  I used my previously prepared Garlic confit... (EVVO, Garlic, Thyme sprigs... baked in the oven at 250deg for a couple of hours).

For the dough, from the same book, Neapolitan dough at about 62% hydration ( I adjusted up a bit from the original 60% hydration). Poolish starter.

I make the dough balls at about 310 grams instead of 250. My wife prefers a bit thicker dough.

Stretch the dough to about 10" instead of 12" so that you have a bit thicker bottom. Spread the ice evenly over the dough and cook as usual. When the crust is done and the water warm to hot... pull it out and add about 1/2 cup of the Pecorino Romano and a fair amount of pepper to taste, making a bit of a sauce with the cheese. Drizzle with the EVVO. Cut into slices and finish with the rest of the Pecorino. One of my favorites now!

IMG_5781_s.thumb.jpg.525708887b812ab46beb1f5bb686a1d1.jpgIMG_5782.thumb.jpeg.78f4ceb1ba8e6203870b156b3967819a.jpeg