philpom's Primo Oval XL table build

philpom

Mark, that looks great! Hurry up and spill some beer on it!

;) Very good point John - don't put tons of effort in to your table if you are concerned about using it.

I thought about pushing a beer over on it just to make the point but.....

Mark - you christen a ship with a bottle of champagne, right? I think it only fitting you spill a bottle of beer on the Primo cart! :lol:

That's a very nicely done cart you have there, very nice indeed. You should be proud! :D

Mark I have to admit that when you made the frame black --I said YIKES!!! Then I said I know he has a plan.

I have to say with the black Primo and black stone on each side and black frame with a red top and bottom shelf ---well it looks great and is one of a kind.

Thank you very much for the positive comments! After the time, money and effort I put in to it I am very pleased to see a table that I am proud of. Relief might be a better word!

So I'll attempt to put a material list together - I had two returns and I'll try to account for that but you never know!

7 - 2x4x8' treated

2 - 2x6x8' treated

2 - 1x3x2' oak

2 - 1x3x6' oak

1 - 1x8x4' oak

1 - 2'x2' 1/4" exterior plywood

4 - 5/8x6x8' cedar fence pickets

5 - 12x12 absolute black granite

5lb 3" deck screws

1lb 2" stainless steel deck screws

2 - 1/2" steel spacers

16 carriage bolts/washers/nuts

1 - 3/8" 3' all-thread

2 - 10" hand truck tires

1 - 24" stainless steel bathroom grab bar

1 qrt Olympic maximum semi black

1 qrt Cabot australian timber oil semi mahogany flame

t20 bits

t25 bits

60t carbide blade

30t carbide blade

1 - 3" brush

1 - 2" brush

Total cost including tools is estimated at $346.59

Table measures 64" wide 29" deep and 31" tall. It's 13" from the top of the bottom shelf to the top of the top shelf.

Beautiful. I'ts everything, I hope, you were wanting it to be.

I really like the black and red.

Thanks jackjumper101.

It is unique, imo sharp looking, sturdy as heck and the primo actually fits in it! It cost $200 less than the "factory cart" and it's handmade right here in Texas. It at least meets the basic expectations I had. 8-)

It would be nice if my skills with wood were good enough to give it that look of fine furniture by I admit that is beyond me.

Mark I have to admit that when you made the frame black --I said YIKES!!! Then I said I know he has a plan.

I have to say with the black Primo and black stone on each side and black frame with a red top and bottom shelf ---well it looks great and is one of a kind.

Marty - I'll also admit that while I had this concept in my head... After I put the black on my first thought was, "That's darker than I imagined", my second thought was, "too late now" and my third thought, "maybe hopefully it will lighten up and tone down when it dries?".

It did lose the horrible sheen and lighten up a bit after a few days - thank goodness. I was certain the black granite would look great next to the high gloss back glaze of the primo and the red is so classic on the tables that I had to have it!

One of a kind for sure...

One final step I did today was to put some of the olympic maximum in plastic pans about 1/2" deep and then suspended the two legs without the wheels about 1/8" off the ground and in to the treatment. I'll leave them there for a few hours or until all of the treatment has been absorbed. This will provide good protection since these will be setting directly on cement in my case.

You can also see my high dollar cover complete with four bungies!

IMG_20130501_194015_018_zps91a72169.jpg