Ordered the 3 special bags from Fogo. Suggestions?

So I bought the 3 special bags from Fogo, the Cuban, the Eucalyptus, the Quebracho.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on how to use it.  And before some smartass says, "you burn it" let me clarify.   lol   I realize that they will taste differently from the regular Fogo and was wondering if any of you have used these and would be willing to tell me what you made and what you thought of the flavor they imparted into your food.  I have a nice leg of lamb and a pork butt that I want to cook.  Which would you use for each of these?

Love the site, I've already learned a ton.

Those are all really hard South American "axe breaker" lumps. Well not exactly the Cuban Marabu, but that's probably even harder. Just keep in mind all those are going to be a good bit harder to get lit. Be patient they'll take longer to get going but once lit they should perform better than any North American lumps. 

I'll bet that Eucalyptus is harder than the stuff that Douglas Fairbanks and Bing Crosby brought to San Diego County in the 1930's for Sante Fe railroad ties that now grows like a weed and has provided zero railroad ties because they brought in the wrong species.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:34 PM, edgarallanpoe said:

So I bought the 3 special bags from Fogo, the Cuban, the Eucalyptus, the Quebracho.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on how to use it.  And before some smartass says, "you burn it" let me clarify.   lol   I realize that they will taste differently from the regular Fogo and was wondering if any of you have used these and would be willing to tell me what you made and what you thought of the flavor they imparted into your food.  I have a nice leg of lamb and a pork butt that I want to cook.  Which would you use for each of these?

Love the site, I've already learned a ton.

Um... smart a$$ mode on. YOU BURN IT :rofl: smart a$$ mode off

You burn it

j.k. This fairly dense and largeish chunks take just ever so slightly longer to get hot. You might not notice much. It s  slight. They are great on low n slows, but if using on a hot n fast. You will see there is a great amount of leftover next cook if you shut it down promptly after the cook.