Had my son's baptism yesterday, and wanted to do fajitas for about 20 people since I just didn't have the time to barbecue. I happened to be at Costco and bought what I thought was marinated skirt steak for fajitas. Turned out it was tri-tip. Oops. It was a longer cook, but I got it done, and it tasted great!  I'll pay more attention next time I buy.

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 08.23.51.png

Ive used tri tip for fajitas and carne asada many times. Skirt steak is great too but tri tip works very well and is less expensive than skirt in my area.

Where I like live I can get Flat Iron steaks reasonably cheap.  Skirts can be hard to find. They price tri tips as if they are made out of gold. 

On 7/29/2019 at 2:21 PM, ckreef said:

Where I like live I can get Flat Iron steaks reasonably cheap.  Skirts can be hard to find. They price tri tips as if they are made out of gold. 

Because GA and the eastern states have to import tri-tips from CA where they are plentiful. I bought an untrimmed TT today at my local supermarket for $3.49/lb.