kamadoplanet

New kamado cooking channel

I got a Big Joe recently and have been going crazy with it. I even started a kamado cooking YouTube channel showing some of the dishes I made. I've been posting it on the cooking video page but that page doesn't seem too active. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MjR2pI_RRyqEuZmxK1EvA  I would really appreciate it if you guys would subscribe. Thanks!

Production value is great.  I like the background you give on what you are cooking.  Plenty of detail and great recipes.  I am an instant fan.  I plan to get some banana leaves and try the Kalua Pork this weekend.

I've been cooking for over 30 years but I've only started cooking on a kamado about 2 months ago. It's been really fun figuring out how to make old favorites on a kamado. It really does require a different approach than cooking on other gear. I've always enjoyed trying flavors from different countries. That has influenced my cooking tremendously. 

You've given it a polished look.

I like the detail you provide making it easier to duplicate your cook, as opposed to so many posts that amount to, "Look what I did."  I find them annoying and useless.  Kamadoguru's  Blackstone Cooking thread is a prime example, but it's several pages long so some people must enjoy posts without How-To detail.

It would help me if you would also post the recipe in the comments below the video so I can Show More and copy/paste it into my recipe file.

I also subscribed and am looking forward to more.

Thanks for all the feedback. Prior to starting my channel, I actually never made a video before. I didn't even know how to. My wife suggested that I should YouTube my cooking so I decided to give it a try. Once I smooth out my workflow I'll start including the recipe in the description. If all goes well, I'll be posting a new video every week. 

Subscribed!  Looks good, I just watched the carne asada video and will be trying the recipe soon.  Ever since we left CA we've been searching for a good recipe to replicate what we ate growing up.  Cant wait to give it a go!

On 7/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, Family_cook said:

Production value is great.  I like the background you give on what you are cooking.  Plenty of detail and great recipes.  I am an instant fan.  I plan to get some banana leaves and try the Kalua Pork this weekend.

I have some growing in the yard, going to try it soon.