kamadoplanet

New kamado cooking channel

Tried the Kalua pork.  I pulled it a little early at 195 thinking it would keep going to 200.  It didn't so it wasn't really pulling (more semi sliced) but it was incredibly moist and the flavor was amazing.  Made tacos and will definitely repeat.  I was surprised how much flavor the banana leaves imparted.

OFXS0yGvTAKzF9ciT6jChA.jpg

t0ODBJ9KRTu0hM7F5cg29Q.jpg

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! If the meat isn't pulling away you can take it up to 200-205. Temperature wise, pork shoulder is much more forgiving than other cuts of meat. Banana leaves are awesome. In future videos, I'll be using it for other dishes. Btw, the Caribbean corn recipe I recently posted is delicious. Give it a try if you want an alternative to the traditional butter and salt routine. I'll be posting two videos for tandoori chicken and shrimp soon. For the tandoori chicken, I placed the chicken through the top vent to replicate the cooking environment of a tandoor oven. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. A kamado can effectively be used to function as a tandoor oven. The drawback is the limited number of skewers that can be placed in there. The guys at the Ceramic Grill Store are prototyping a tandoori rack to be used in a kamado. I can't wait for them to roll that out. 

16 hours ago, Lydia said:

looks great @kamadoplanet I've subscribed.   Could you please let me know what kind of editing software you used?

Hi Lydia, I use Filmora. I've found Filmora to be quite easy to use and inexpensive. Prior to starting Kamado Planet, I've never made a video before. I looked at the popular ones, such as Adobe Premiere and DaVinci, but I found those to have a steep learning curve. Most of the features in Adobe and Davinci are geared toward making more complex videos than what I needed for a cooking channel. Let me know if you have further questions. 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:20 AM, kamadoplanet said:

Hi Lydia, I use Filmora. I've found Filmora to be quite easy to use and inexpensive. Prior to starting Kamado Planet, I've never made a video before. I looked at the popular ones, such as Adobe Premiere and DaVinci, but I found those to have a steep learning curve. Most of the features in Adobe and Davinci are geared toward making more complex videos than what I needed for a cooking channel. Let me know if you have further questions. 

thanks @kamadoplanet  My husband has final cut pro on his laptop and I think I would need to do a 3-year degree before getting comfortable using it.  I"ll check out Filmora. Thank you.