bushcraft_joe

Rib spritz bottle recommendations

I don’t know how many, or if any of you spritz your ribs, but I do. Well, I need to get a good bottle for my rib spritz. It’s just white wine vinegar, liquid butter, and apple juice. My plastic bottle leaks now at the top something awful, every time I squeeze the trigger; when it’s in the fridge for a few days it creates a vacuum and the bottle wants to ‘collapse’ around the middle. 

I am wondering, does anyone here have a bottle that they use and not had issues with?  If so, what kind?  I appreciate all your input. 

Your market will vary compared to mine but the one thing i can say is dont cheap out on a bottle

While paying $15-$15 for a spritz bottle seems silly when you can pick one up for 99c, there is nothing more annoying than setting up a cook and finding your spritz bottle has packed it in

I went through half a dozen 99c bottles in the space of a couple of months before i figured that out

12 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Your market will vary compared to mine but the one thing i can say is dont cheap out on a bottle

While paying $15-$15 for a spritz bottle seems silly when you can pick one up for 99c, there is nothing more annoying than setting up a cook and finding your spritz bottle has packed it in

I went through half a dozen 99c bottles in the space of a couple of months before i figured that out

+1

11 hours ago, 3547fl said:

I have been though several bottles and just bought these glass ones and really like them. I use a spray almost everything I grill which is about 6 times a week. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G98Y1BA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the same ones I’ve been looking at. The only thing I don’t like, I know it’s dumb, then being glass. I have a lot of arthritis and my hands fail me at times (I’ve dropped three glasses this past month). But, if I’m cautious it’ll be fine.  Glad someone else uses the ones I was looking at. 

Thanks for that!

2 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

Those are nice little sprayers for everything except oil.  I thought spraying oil from it would be better than Pam and such.  I tried a couple of Mistos and at least one other maker's sprayer.  They're advertised as suitable for oils but every one I bought became irreversibly plugged.

1 hour ago, pmillen said:

Those are nice little sprayers for everything except oil.  I thought spraying oil from it would be better than Pam and such.  I tried a couple of Mistos and at least one other maker's sprayer.  They're advertised as suitable for oils but every one I bought became irreversibly plugged.

Yeh, I learnt early on that if you use olive oil in a Misto, ya gotta empty it out and pump lots of hot water through the system each time you use it or it plugs up.  PITA

1 hour ago, pmillen said:

29 minutes ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Yeh, I learnt early on that if you use olive oil in a Misto, ya gotta empty it out and pump lots of hot water through the system each time you use it or it plugs up.  PITA

I bought mine when I was looking for, and could not find, a food grade spray bottle. I only use it for spritzing when I am doing ribs, or such. It is only used with apple cider vinegar, water, tequila, and/or bourbon.

1 hour ago, Golf Griller said:

I bought mine when I was looking for, and could not find, a food grade spray bottle. I only use it for spritzing when I am doing ribs, or such. It is only used with apple cider vinegar, water, tequila, and/or bourbon.

Do you get any flare-ups with the tequila or bourbon?