Hey folks,

i am considering purchasing a grill extender for my Big Joe.  I want to purchase the Kamado Joe branded expander but I am curious if anyone can suggest some good alternatives? Thanks! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By buckleybj
      I have been seeing whole fish at Costco for some time now so I decided to give it a go. I bought some snapper for diner last night and was blown away by the results.

I watched Mr. Setzler's video on grilling a whole fish as a guide along with some recipes I found on the interwebs.

2 snappers gutted and cleaned (got mine from Costco as I said previously) Cut crosshatch slits on both sides of the fish (next time I will just do horizontal slits for easier removal of skin) Seasoned with garlic rosemary seasoning Salted with a few pinches of kosher salt Spritzed with olive oil generously on each side Stuffed cavity with fresh rosemary, thyme and dill from the garden Sprinkled lime juice to finish off  
      Using the Big Joe, I lit just one side and set the fish for direct at the highest level grate. I used a fish\veggie tray to keep the fish from falling apart.
      I had the temp at around 300-325 and grilled each side for 9 minutes until the inter temp as around 140.

The flavor was amazing! I don't think I would have the intense herb flavors if I had just cooked fillets but I will be trying that in the future.

I served the fish with some leftover bulgur pilaf and a spinach berry salad.

I have never had snapper before that I can remember but I am now a huge fan!! 

• By jpp
      hi everyone

Just wanted to give you a feedback on my experience so far with the dojoe (on kamado big joe)

i have a very mixed feeling with this accessory. i am loving all others kamado accessories however

From access to the center of stone (very small opening), temperature control (most of the time below my required temperature (i like to cook pizza close to 700deg f) ) and the impossibility to cool down the charcoal for a next cook (you cannot close the dome until it cool down completely) i have very negative feelings about this product.

But the most annoying thing for me is the charcoal consumption to reach an acceptable temperature...it is just unbelievable  the amount of charcoal you need to put inside the kamado just to cook couple of pizzas

i have made a quick calculation and i would reimburse almost a dedicated pizza oven (like ooni pro) in less than 10-15 cooks only vs the amount of charcoal i am putting right now 

i have made several trials (almost 7) and my conclusion is simple: i will stop cooking with the dojoe and invest in a dedicated pizza oven...i gave up... and i can tell you it does require a lot for me the give up something i invested 300usd

could be good to share your feedback on this product. maybe i raised my expectations to high

• By Dave Bradfute
      I'm gonna do some baby backs this weekend and would like to hear some opinions. 

1. Temp. I'm thinking low and slow at about 225 to 250
      2. Time - wrapped vs. unwrapped. 5 1/2 hours ish?

I used to do mine in a pellet with the 3-2-1 method, although for BB's I did 3-1-.5.

Let me hear your methods and why.

• By Cooking in Ohio
      Has anyone replaced your old felt gasket , with the new mesh style ? If so have you tried just replacing just the dome or the bottom half , and leaving the other side with nothing ? 
      Thanks for any input you may have
    • By itskrod00
      Hello everyone, 

I finally joined the Kamado Joe team. Pulled the trigger and bought a big Joe at a local Costco Road show. I also have a weber 26incher which I love. And a camp chef flat top. After approx 5 years of day dreamin’ and planning i finally have my bbq island. It just needs counters now.

cant wait to enjoy my first cook on my big joe. Any ideas on what I should kick first while learning the intricacies of the big joe.

lastly where can I buy some kamado joe feet? I didn’t see any on the kamado joe website. Any other credible sites to buy from at decent price? Thanks everyone.