skreef

Strawberry and Rhubarb Pie

On 8/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ron5850 said:

Very beautiful looking pie. Would have loved to try a slice of that.

Thank you @Ron5850. I'm with you on that. Every time I see one of these pies, I'm drooling with envy. Will do again forsure. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, GrillnBrew said:

My favorite pie, it looks great!  Where did you get your rhubarb? It was everywhere when I lived in Michigan, but I have trouble finding fresh rhubarb in the toasty south.

Thank you @GrillnBrew. I seen it at Fresh Market, so headed there first, but No Rhubarb... Only out in Season for so long so I thought my idea was doomed but headed to Kroger. I was in luck.. They had abundance of them. So glad I check there. Im guessing, alot of people eat them than I thought. Strawberry and Rhubarb is very popular with bakers but I need to see what other recipes are out there for Rhubard to try. 

On 8/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, skreef said:

Thank you @KJTerp. I haven't seen plants of Rhubarb to grow my own, but I would give it a go. Didn't realize it takes that long to grow them. Have to actually look it up to see what it envolves to grow. Love the tartness. Let us know how they are coming along. 

They are so unhappy in the heat right now, so unhappy

On 8/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, skreef said:

Thank you @GrillnBrew. Strawberry and Rhubarb is very popular with bakers but I need to see what other recipes are out there for Rhubard to try. 

Look up rhubarb crisp, my mom would make those quite a bit and they too were delicious.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, skreef said:

Thank you @GrillnBrew. I seen it at Fresh Market, so headed there first, but No Rhubarb... Only out in Season for so long so I thought my idea was doomed but headed to Kroger. I was in luck.. They had abundance of them. So glad I check there. Im guessing, alot of people eat them than I thought. Strawberry and Rhubarb is very popular with bakers but I need to see what other recipes are out there for Rhubard to try. 

When we had rhubarb in Colorado, my wife would make rhubarb sauce that we would have for breakfast.

9 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

When we had rhubarb in Colorado, my wife would make rhubarb sauce that we would have for breakfast.

That sounds delicious. I do Raspberries alot. Good stuff. 

2 hours ago, AntinOz said:

I grew up eating apple and rhubarb crumble, always took it for granted. This looks like a lovely twist, never tried it with strawberry.

Thank you @AntinOz. Never had it with Apple. Might have to try that.