Sign in to follow this  
gotzero

Pani Puri

I figured out how to make my favorite Indian street food at home, more or less from scratch.

We had an "Apna Bazar" (vegetarian Indian specialty grocery) open in the store that used to be my local kamado pusher. I was devastated to lose them, but I stopped by the new tenant today, and I was completely  blown away. I knew I was in the right spot when I realized there was an entire grocery aisle (both sides) for flours, and the next full aisle was for rice. The experience was positively completely overwhelming. I need to do some consulting with cookbooks and the Internet and then go back with more time. 

One thing I knew at first sight is I wanted everything having to do with Pani Puri, all the way from totally prepared to scratch ingredients. I might have slightly overdone it. When I checked out, the cashier asked me if I was having a party...

I gave things a try tonight, not a lot of pictures because there was a lot of learning, but all in all, this will end up being easy, it was delicious, the kids loved it, and I am on cloud nine. I made a rooking mistake and "shallow" fried the puri. Lesson learned, I will know for next time. It still turned out great. Signing off fat and happy...

389332789_ScreenShot2019-08-08at9_29_27PM.thumb.jpg.2ee2f9fd365b881398c004bb78f47a4a.jpg

415210254_ScreenShot2019-08-08at9_30_41PM.thumb.jpg.890d5fd75d77c86b539ed5b218a0eb8e.jpg