knylen

Excited to learn

Good morning!

I'm a relatively new owner of an LG K24 purchased from Costco about a month ago. I was researching and potentially looking to purchase a BGE or KJ secondhand. But I was able to get the LG for $500, which made it hard to justify spending any more on another unit. 

So far I've smoked a brisket and ribs and have had a ton of fun. I'm going to looking for new recipes to try as well as ways to better my technique. I've got a thermopro 2 probe thermometer that has been a huge help in monitoring temps. 

My research now is going to be around accessories to better cook big batches of food. I've been looking a CGS rigs/spiders but don't know if they are worth the investment...

Excited to learn more about Kamado cooking! Thanks,

Kevin

Welcome...

I’m not sure what kind of accessories you currently have, but the CGS people are awesome in guiding you. Basically just tell them what kind of cooks you do or want to do and they’ll help you pick the right setup. They advised me to go with the woo for my BGE MM and it’s been great for what I do.