Kamado Joe 2 vs Kamado Joe 3

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I don't think the stand is being made backwards compatible but the sloroller will become available as an upgrade.  You still wont' have the same grill though.  the physical dimensions of the 3 grills are different than the 2 and 1 series grills.  

Without the sloroller i get better results than any of my old eggs which are more similar in shape to series 1 and 2.  The height seems to help reduce grill efficiency and improve fire efficiency which improves smoke / airflow / smoke ring etc 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get asked this question frequently so I have written up a cut/paste answer for it.     What's the difference between the Kamado Joe 2 and the Kamado Joe 3?   or   Is th

Being a newbie owner of a Big Joe III, I made the plunge on the 3 vs the 2, as well as the Big Joe vs the classic, saying to myself “self, you’re going to have this for years, so get what you want and

Right on, nice details you shared there John!  100% agree, I just got the III but have helped friends get the second gen and I have had 4 Eggs prior so despite only having the new KJ Classic III for a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smokingdadbbq said:

Without the sloroller i get better results than any of my old eggs which are more similar in shape to series 1 and 2.  The height seems to help reduce grill efficiency and improve fire efficiency which improves smoke / airflow / smoke ring etc 

Yup... I"m glad someone else understands that kamados are 'too' efficient :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, Buttburner said:

Hey gang

Just ordered my KJ III from the Ceramic Grill Store in Texas

Wont be here until sometime in July but that's fine with me

They had the best deal by far I could find

Thanks

Same here, I bought from them a few weeks ago as the $330 off discount was a great deal, just waiting for delivery this month...

Newbie question:

Is there a physical difference in the construction of the grill between the Classic I, II & III or are those just "trim" levels at initial purchase? 

I am looking at a used Classic I KJ. 

Thanks in advance, guys! 

3 minutes ago, lnarngr said:

Newbie question:

Is there a physical difference in the construction of the grill between the Classic I, II & III or are those just "trim" levels at initial purchase? 

I am looking at a used Classic I KJ. 

Thanks in advance, guys! 

There is some physical difference in all three.  Not a lot of difference between the 1 and the 2 but the 3 has a bit different size and depth than the first 2

New member here.  I currently have an original Kamado Joe classic 18"  (classic 1) It's built in and is dropped into a hole in my countertop and sits on a shelf.   I am interested in getting a classic III, however I need to know if the dimensions are the same.  I realize that it is taller, but is the width the same?

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, frankgh said:

I can have a classic II at my house in a week or wait 2 months for a III... What to do, what to do!

Welcome, please stop by and introduce yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in May I wanted a BJ 3 but there were non to be found anywhere on the planet literally  covid 19 backed up everything, I was lucky to find a BJ 2 at my local Ace Hardware so i bought it , I do wish i could've bought a BJ3 but this is a fantastic grill and I have no regrets I am very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, Love to eat said:

Back in May I wanted a BJ 3 but there were non to be found anywhere on the planet literally  covid 19 backed up everything, I was lucky to find a BJ 2 at my local Ace Hardware so i bought it , I do wish i could've bought a BJ3 but this is a fantastic grill and I have no regrets I am very happy with it.

Amazon had a few this morning. Purchased one and it should be freight delivered to a room of my choice this upcoming Tuesday.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:39 PM, Amoeba said:

Amazon had a few this morning. Purchased one and it should be freight delivered to a room of my choice this upcoming Tuesday.

Ordered mine almost 2 months ago and am still waiting to hear on delivery. Starting to worry a bit now....

On 7/3/2020 at 4:04 PM, Soap said:

Same here, I bought from them a few weeks ago as the $330 off discount was a great deal, just waiting for delivery this month...

$330 discount took it to $869 or $969 ? 

• 2 weeks later...