Kamado Joe 2 vs Kamado Joe 3

John Setzler

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I can cook 4 butts on a classic

How much does that change your expected cook duration, or does it just burn more lump in the same amount of time?  Way past my needs, just seems you'd have some changes in the cook with that much meat.  (Same might also be true of the BJ, but with the bigger grill, might not be as apparent?)

15 hours ago, Boater said:

How much does that change your expected cook duration, or does it just burn more lump in the same amount of time?  Way past my needs, just seems you'd have some changes in the cook with that much meat.  (Same might also be true of the BJ, but with the bigger grill, might not be as apparent?)

Not much difference at all... its really not noticeable.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, John Setzler said:

I can cook 4 butts on a classic and I can cook 6 to 8 racks of ribs.. no problem.  You have to get past the idea that your meat has to lay flat and can't be touching.  When this realization sets in, the classic is a very formidable system.

Hey John, thanks for the comment; can you share how you get 6-8 racks of ribs, what kind of ribs? I usually only do babybacks and the issue is the length; i've used the weber rib rack, but again the ones at the edge have issues with the lid closing and getting in the way; Same with the butts; Appreciate it! Thanks

Just now, GS1397 said:

Hey John, thanks for the comment; can you share how you get 6-8 racks of ribs, what kind of ribs? I usually only do babybacks and the issue is the length; i've used the weber rib rack, but again the ones at the edge have issues with the lid closing and getting in the way; Same with the butts; Appreciate it! Thanks

I just stack them up.. criss cross... the meat doesn't have to be flat and i just move them around a few times during the cook.

John, you are causing my OCD and ADHD to flare up.  :rofl:

Just the visual image of a rack lying on edge…..Help me

Let alone multiple racks…..

Oh, the horror…

6 minutes ago, Gebo said:

John, you are causing my OCD and ADHD to flare up.  :rofl:

Just the visual image of a rack lying on edge…..Help me

Let alone multiple racks…..

Oh, the horror…

Yea... that notion sells a lot of xl sized grills :)