Stigsby

Grill table transport from Auburg, GA, to Charlotte, NC

Hi all,

I’ve been eyeing a table from the guys in Auburg which I saw many of you on here went with.

Since they don’t do shipping and I’m new to the States, does anyone know how to possible get it up to Charlotte? I’m 4 hours away and not even sure it’d fit in my car.

Looking for any affordable shipping options or alike which doesn’t break the bank. 

Any tips would be appreciated! 

Just 4 hours away, then a rental trailer would be my choice.  Rent a U-Haul and go get the thing.

Tom

A 1-day rental of a mid-sized pick-up ("Nissan Frontier or similar") from Budget this weekend came up at $37 including tax (insurance extra, if desired). Similar prices coming up on others. Maybe around $100 with the cost of gas.  I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a way to ship an assembled table anywhere near that price.

Now, if you don't have the time, or value your time highly.. You could maybe try to find someone with a pick-up and pay them to go get it. I occasionally see ads on Facebook marketplace at the like of people offering those types of services.

Cypress Grill Tables prepares the table for pickup in several sections. How many sections depends on the table you choose. 

I moved a 92-inch table (six sections) in a Home Depot rental flatbed; the length of the table top (one section) was the deciding factor for that size of vehicle. 

ETA: The other five sections would have fit in my RAV4 with the seats down.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, LargeRedJoe said:

Cypress Grill Tables prepares the table for pickup in several sections. How many sections depends on the table you choose. 

I moved a 92-inch table (six sections) in a Home Depot rental flatbed; the length of the table top (one section) was the deciding factor for that size of vehicle. 

ETA: The other five sections would have fit in my RAV4 with the seats down.

Thats exactly what I ended up having done! Sorry about the late reply to this thread guys, thought this had gone cold but turned out I simply didn’t have the right notification settings...

Was staining and sealing it for the last ten days and finally get to debut it tonight. 

Did my first cook out on the brand new Kamado Joe and table for the whole neighbourhood tonight!

45C2AEF5-8F3B-4851-BE16-8E7131FA68F1.jpeg

55020791-5F96-4F57-805B-B670F55C16DF.jpeg

14 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

That's a really nice looking table. 

Thanks, all credits for Casper over at Cypress Grill Tables for helping me out!

Was able to find a granite counter top maker who had some leftover scraps which I had custom cut as well. 

On 8/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, robertyb said:

I hope you mean Auburn, GA or else there is a town in GA this old retired revenue agent never heard of.  :unsure:

Auburn indeed, my five years in Switzerland must’ve messed up my phone autocorrect and/or my internal spelling ;)

17 hours ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Dang, in hindsight I wish I taken a paint and stain approach to my table as well. I really like that dark finish on the tops. What did you use for the gray, stain, and clear coat? 

Thanks!

Dont regret, I wouldn’t redo it again, just happy it’s done for now...

For the gray I used a deck stain from Behr with a solid color. It’s partially a stain and a sealer at the same time.

For the wood stain on the countertops I used a special walnut wood stain. It took varying amounts of coats to make them all match, but about 5 in average each. I put a picture below of the stain I used.

To seal it I used spar urethane, there’s the Minwax that you can get at Lowe’s or the brand at Home Depot I used. This is only applied now on the countertops and not on the parts in gray.

Originally I applied the spar urethane also to the places with deck stain as Home Depot had ensured me it would be fine, it wasn’t though.... Ended up sanding the whole thing again and redoing a new layer of deck stain on the gray parts. Learn from my mistake!

I still need to sand and redo the countertops with additional layers of spar urethane, right now there’s 5 layers having sanded lightly between each layer with a 220 sand paper. The last layer is not great, the weather turned cold and very humid, so I got some small bubbles in it suddenly. I got impatient and wanted to start grilling, so I’ll redo that again some other weekend with time ;)

Took me little over a week with multiple hours spent every day with it drying and sanding between layers etc.

Hope this helps and don’t regret, your table looks great!

85297FDE-5192-4D94-8EF8-0630BB5AB1D4.jpeg

EACE5794-CA2D-4BF9-B9D9-3300BCD589FA.jpeg